Need a new cable...

G

<p class="MsoNormal">A stick got caught up in my throttle cable and wrapped the
cable around the front drive shaft. Man did that thing make some noise.
It only took a second and the cable was wrapped so tight it bent the end of the
pedal assembly. Anyone else had this happen, or just a freak thing?</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Yep, sound like you are going to be the only victim on that killer stick .... How in the name of God can one get to it like that, are you sure it was a stick ? How fast were you a going ? I don't know what to say to that !!!! </P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I want to call it a "freak thing" but I'm not so sure. I think there's some sort of stick or branch god that doesn't like off-road vehicles. I don't know how many times this stick god has gotten mad at me but I've had sticks come through more CV boots, radiators, lights, hoses, cables and twist up enough to break plastic than I care to remember.

I believe this god also has few cousins.
The first is responsible for all break-downs to assure they happen in the worst terrain, right at dusk and as far away as possible.
Another is responsible for rain when you wash your truck, plan a outdoor party or want to go boating.
The other is in charge of the roads. The newer the vehicle, the more it's in charge of kicking rocks up to chip the paint. This god also controls the minds/schedules of the road crews. All road maintenance that entails a tar/chip or cold patch is to occur on the roads you need to travel.

OK. So, I don't know if it's a "freak thing" but I've never heard of it happening before.

G

Definitely a stick, and I was going down hill. Only took a second to come to a stop. I guess it is just a freak accident.

Oh, now I see, what a stupid place to put a cable. It runs right beside the shaft. Held in place with a couple of plastic clips. The cable was cheap $20. I figured it would be at least 50. If you guys drive through a lot of brush you may want to strap it down somehow.