Tire and wheel combo

G

Does anyone in this forum know what the largest tire and wheel combo can be put on the Rec model RTV ? Will this require the Two inch lft kit and also how does the larger tire combo affect top end mph ?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The highest you can go is about 27" (with the lift kit).

There's a lot of places to buy the tires/rims.
hunterworks.com or essexmfg.com are 2 reputable sources.

I run 25" Maxxis Bighorn's (which actually stand 26.5" tall). There's no notable difference on top speed.

ba7man

I agree with bczoom. I recently installed the 2" lift kit and 26" Maxxis Bighorns, which I think are great! I would be surprised if anything wider than 12" would clear on the rear, but seems like extra room is availible for a little wider than 10" on the front, but not 12". The 26" bighorns measured 26.75 dia. Be careful installing the lift kit. It will prove challenging and you must follow Brian's modified instructions. Good luck</P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="ba7man"]Be careful installing the lift kit. It will prove challenging and you must follow Brian's modified instructions. Good luck[/quote]
Glenn,

Glad my "modified instructions" for the lift kit worked for you. I just bumped the thread as it was several pages down but I didn't want it to get buried.

BTW - (For Anonymous) - If you're on relatively level terrain, and not under heavy loads (i.e. plow in front), you can get a 26-27" tire installed without the lift kit. The only rubbing I encountered was when going down a steep hill, into a sharp turn with over 1000# of firewood in the back. Under those conditions, I would get a slight rub on the front inner tire. In my terrain (very hilly), I would have preferred NOT to put the lift kit on as it raises the center-of-gravity.

G

Thanks for the info, right now I am considering the 26 inch Terracross 14 inch wheel package from Allterrain. I really didn't want to add the lift and it sounds like with this combo I won't have to.</P>

Thanks,</P>

Joe</P>