Prices Paid for 2006 RTV900

G

I am purchasing a lake home in the Ozark mountains and need a vehicle to haul rocks, firewood, and pull a jetski trailer and it appears this is a good choice. I was looking at getting the <U>worksite model</U> with the below options. Suggestions? What's a good price? Any sources in the central or southern MO area?</P>
<UL>
<LI>Warn winch kit with remote V4253</LI>
<LI>Winch mounting kit V4254</LI>
<LI><FONT face=Helvetica size=2>V4236 Front Mud Guard</FONT></LI>
<LI><FONT size=2><FONT face=Helvetica>V4235 Front Accessory Glove Bx </FONT></FONT></LI>
<LI><FONT size=2><FONT face=Helvetica>V4234 Glove Box </FONT></FONT></LI>
<LI><FONT size=2><FONT face=Helvetica>V4233 Speedometer </FONT></FONT></LI>
<LI><FONT size=2><FONT face=Helvetica>V4228 Rear Trailer Hitch 3 1/4 Drop </FONT></FONT></LI>
<LI><FONT size=2><FONT face=Helvetica>V4227 Tail Lamp Guard </FONT></FONT></LI>
<LI><FONT size=2><FONT face=Helvetica>V4224 Front Trailer Hitch 3 1/4 Drop </FONT></FONT></LI>
<LI><FONT size=2><FONT face=Helvetica>V4222 Front Work Light </FONT></FONT></LI>
<LI><FONT size=2><FONT face=Helvetica>V4264 Storage Cover </FONT></FONT></LI>
<LI><FONT face=Helvetica size=2>I'd like recommendations on best ATV tires and rims I should also add (I plan to have 2 sets of tires, ATV and worksite tires)</FONT></LI>[/list]

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My suggestions...

Of the thinks on your list, the only items I would get from the dealer are:
- The Speedometer and then install it myself (as it takes about 3 minutes to install). Actually, it's relatively inexpensive so the dealer may throw it in with the RTV.
- Maybe the tail lamp guard. I use my RTV for work all the time and was worried about my tail lights but even without the guards, I have yet to come close to damaging.

Neither of the storage/glove boxes are worth the money. (see previous threads in the forum).

The draw-bars can be purchased most anywhere.

The winch is a Warn 2500 winch. Again, you can get this item significantly cheaper elsewhere (but it will take a few hours to install). Many have gone to a 3000# winch. The Ramsey is nice as it also has a wireless remote.

For tires, read some of the more current threads in this forum. There's lots of good ones out there and it may depend on your terrain and off-road requirements.

Check out places like www.hunterworks.com for accessories.

Brian

doggman

I'm in the Ozarks, also. You'll enjoy the ride.</P>

I'd forget about the glove box. It's small, it is very shallow, and the key is required to open and close it which is inconvenient.I do use the front accessory box freqently for small items like bug spray, gloves, etc. If you are going to store theRTV inside makesure you have enough clearance tohandle the height of the roof mounted work light. </P>

I run the worksite tires because the aggressive ATV tires turned wet spots into mud puddles in a heartbeat. Theworksitetires are NOT big on wet traction, though. There are good threads on this site about tires. </P>

I bought the hitches and balls locally. Make sure they are long enough if you buy them locally. </P>

Have fun!</P>