good by to the rtv family

BaiJiu

Sounds like you got a smart one there.
Love them German Shepherds. When I first got mine I trained in tracking with her. She can find just about anything.
She is now old and retired though.

Pop I've had several GS dogs and this guy is the smartest, he is 5 now and I've been able to train him everyday since I retired. He knows what bad animals are and what animals aren't going to give us problems. He does a tour of the open property about every half hour, once he leaves it takes 30-45 minutes to get back, unless there is a problem. He's fought coyotes and even a black bear right here beside the house. When he picks up a scent I can't follow him' sometimes he is gone for 1-2 hours, comes back blood dripping from his face, then we don't have any bobcat, coyote or bear problems for months.

All he wants in return is a drive in my truck, he will sit by the truck for an hour, give him a drive down to the village and he is content again. And never ever leave the truck door open or I have a visitor who won't leave without a little drive.

pop58

That's fantastic Baijiu. There is nothing more dedicated then a good dog. All they want to do is please you. Gota love em.

markc

I agree pop,I lost my need for speed a long time ago, I have the RTV 900 and it is fast enough for me, one time I wanted to go from point A to point B as fast as possible, now that I finally grew up and retired I like to enjoy the trip more than the arrival. I spend so much time stopping for pictures, exploring lakes and rivers, animal trails and so many amazing views. When I look back I can't believe I missed so much before I slowed down enough to see what was around me. Too many times we allow the power and speed of machines overwhelm us to the point we miss the true beauty of nature.

Ok im with u on there slow down and enjoy the view. i have owned 3 rtv number 1 was a 2004 rtv 900.number 2.2007 rtv 900 hard cab number 3.2009 rtv 1140. so im not about speeding down the trailes 60 mpg.the biggest thang is being able to hit a hill and not have to stop and change to a lower gear.also if im trail riding and have to go on the blacktop its so slow holding traffic up.have had u joint trouble out of ever one of
the rtv.havin't pulled the trigger yet been looking hard at the kawasaki teryx t4. but have not ruled out the xrtv 1120.waiting to see one at the dealer going to buy something before the end of may

Last edited:

BaiJiu

Let us know what you buy Mark and how it works out for you, as collie said earlier the site is always here for you. Seems to be a few people investigating new machines other than Kubota's.

pop58

If you are gonna keep the Kuboto then go for one of the faster ones. That way you have the best of both worlds.

markc

picking my 2014 kawasaki teryx camo up friday.thanks for all the great advice that been giving me on this forum over the last 10 years. time for a change all three of my rtv has been great machines.just time for something different

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
picking my 2014 kawasaki teryx camo up friday.thanks for all the great advice that been giving me on this forum over the last 10 years. time for a change all three of my rtv has been great machines.just time for something different

That is great. I know you will be pleased !!!

Your always welcome here !!!

......... two guns

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Mark. How about a pic of your newest addition?