Info about new kubota rtv-x900

pop58

Only 15900 rap.

Im with you 628. I will get the other things as I make sure my wife really knows I need them. That takes a little time. You have to work them.LOL

628pm

Site Supporter
Went and test drove the one I would receive, didn't hear any popping on anything when I drove through a field, but my wife says I don't hear good anyway. Only thing I did notice was it was hard shifting, this unit hadn't been driven any, so I could see it being a little tight.

My main concern is still the height with a metal canopy on it (plastic would be the same). I am afraid it might be over 82 inches high, which could be a problem for me. I ask in another thread if someone would measure their height but haven't had any replies. Dealer doesn't have the canopy in yet.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Went and test drove the one I would receive, didn't hear any popping on anything when I drove through a field, but my wife says I don't hear good anyway. Only thing I did notice was it was hard shifting, this unit hadn't been driven any, so I could see it being a little tight.

My main concern is still the height with a metal canopy on it (plastic would be the same). I am afraid it might be over 82 inches high, which could be a problem for me. I ask in another thread if someone would measure their height but haven't had any replies. Dealer doesn't have the canopy in yet.

82" from the ground ? Depends on lift and tires

Matt

Went and test drove the one I would receive, didn't hear any popping on anything when I drove through a field, but my wife says I don't hear good anyway. Only thing I did notice was it was hard shifting, this unit hadn't been driven any, so I could see it being a little tight. My main concern is still the height with a metal canopy on it (plastic would be the same). I am afraid it might be over 82 inches high, which could be a problem for me. I ask in another thread if someone would measure their height but haven't had any replies. Dealer doesn't have the canopy in yet.

I will purchasing a 1120d soon, one dealer I was talking to said they have had to adjust the shifter cable because of that.

So what I have learned so far on a pre delivery check list is >

Have dealer Check the following:

Shifting cable
Coolant hoses
Wheel play (front & back)

Missing anything?

Thanks

pop58

It most likely won't fit with the canopy on it. Most times you can modify your garage opening a bit to give you a little more clearance. I would bring it home without the canopy on it and put it on later.

When you go to shift push a bit harder on the break and hold it there some. This releases the pressure in the trans and makes for easier shifting.
Mine dose the same thing.
Come summer I will adjust everything to make this easier.

628pm

Site Supporter
The dealer don't have a canopy in so I might accept it without the canopy. Been thinking about modifying the opening on the door if necessary.

pop58

I was going to do that too but I bought a set of camoplast tracks for mine and it will add about 5 to 6 inches to the vehicle. Can't get that much out of the door so I will enclose my lean-to to house it.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mine is not one of the new ones but when OEM, I could fit in a garage with the standard door. Once I added the lift kit, lights on top... I now have to stick to the 8' garage.

I "think" a lot of vehicle manufacturers actually build their vehicles to be under 7'. There would be a lot of people not buying their products if they were any taller. Imagine a mini-van that was > 7'. How many would be sold if they wouldn't fit in a garage.

If you have an auto garage door opener, don't forget to check the height on that as well.

628pm

Site Supporter
Well I guess I will see this week, I agreed to a price with the dealer, he has to get some of my accessories I requested, so I should get it sometime. Then I will have to see whether I will be doing some construction on my garage (shed with 84 in high doors). Oh well it is finally getting warm a little project won't hurt me.

Thanks for all of the comments. :thankyou2:

Mark.Sibole

My RTV with the hard plastic roof fits under the standard garage door with about 1 to 2 inches to spare.Mine is a 2005 rtv 900 with standard sized tires.

Kanook

My RTV with the hard plastic roof fits under the standard garage door with about 1 to 2 inches to spare.Mine is a 2005 rtv 900 with standard sized tires.

Likewise...my 04 with with hard cab will squeek under my fully opened 7ft garage door...The 8 foot door in my workshop leaves little room to spare for my tractor.

pop58

Likewise...my 04 with with hard cab will squeek under my fully opened 7ft garage door...The 8 foot door in my workshop leaves little room to spare for my tractor.

Mine will fit with 1" clearance. When I do put the canopy on it wont fit.

628pm

Site Supporter
Right now I am just waiting for the RTV to be delivered. Sun is shining for the first time this week, making me want to get out to the other property and start cleaning up branches from winter and trimming trees to mow under. Bought a 40 volt tree trimmer from Lowes that included an extra battery, wanting to try that out on the property to see how it works. If it doesn't Lowes will have it back.