RTV shifting issues fixed!

Meyerske

After four shoulder surgeries, not having to force my RTV into gear is a very good thing. This may be old news to some, since I found the fix on another forum. What fixed my difficult shifting was crazy-simple. There is a rubber grommet that the shift cable runs through. It can be seen under the hood, just off the firewall. All I did was take a zip tie (or several if needed) and tightly wrap it around the grommet and shift cable sheath to make the cable more secure. This minor fix has made an incredible improvement in my ease of shifting. This worked on my X1120D (I think the pic is from an 1100). I haven't missed a gear since this fix was made. Again, not my idea or pic, but I hope it helps someone.
717592b34fc17953d13a91925b8ca47a.jpg

msvs3295

shifting issues

Hi, New to Kubota RTV. Thinking of buying 2007 RTV900. Person tells me it is not shifting right. He said can adjust linkage so it will shift into first and second or 2nd and third. He said he believes it has an issue with the fork. Just trying to figure out if this is accurate. Not looking to get involved if it needs trans removed or other major service. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, owner said once in gear runs as it should. Thanks

Lee1935

Hi, New to Kubota RTV. Thinking of buying 2007 RTV900. Person tells me it is not shifting right. He said can adjust linkage so it will shift into first and second or 2nd and third. He said he believes it has an issue with the fork. Just trying to figure out if this is accurate. Not looking to get involved if it needs trans removed or other major service. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, owner said once in gear runs as it should. Thanks

Welcome to the group!
If you do a search you will find many questions on shifting and the replies. It can be something simple at a few ties or adjustment