x1100c lots of black smoke

yesterday my x1100c was running fine then all the sudden it started running rough and pouring out black smoke it also wouldn't shut off i unscrewed the fuel filter to kill it i'm pretty sure its injection pump related has anyone else had this problem?

Lee1935

yesterday my x1100c was running fine then all the sudden it started running rough and pouring out black smoke it also wouldn't shut off i unscrewed the fuel filter to kill it i'm pretty sure its injection pump related has anyone else had this problem?

This is more for anyone that might have this happen again and it is what is called hindsight ☺☺
Rather than let air into the system, disconnect the air cleaner hose from the filter, then block the air hose. More than likely you will have to open the fuel system up anyway, but sometimes it's little simple things. Not so long ago there was a post about a paper wasp nest inside the air filter hose and the problems it caused

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
remove everything from the intake first. then confirm the shut of solenoid is functioning by turning the key on and off while observing the function. be prepared to cover the intake with a metal plate just incase you get a run away"don't use a rag or your hand". start the engine and see if anything has changed. report what you find back here.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
iside under the injection pump there is a rack return spring"i think" . sounds to me like yours has come loose. easy fix.

Well I took the he pump out and all the rollers have spring tension but the rack feels like it’s binding up occasionally what would cause that