ATV & UTV Talk

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Here is the forum some of you asked for.
I hope you will keep it busy with posts and plenty of action pics.
10 Rep points for every person who starts a thread up to and including Jan 20th.
My goal is to have 10+ threads in here by Jan 20th. Help me out here, won't ya?

D

Deerlope

Thanks also Doc

Attachments

• Framed Wilma.jpg
    Framed Wilma.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 220

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Your Welcome (one and all!)

Good pics guys!!!!! :thumb: Wish I had some real snow to ride in. Most of our snow is gone now, whats left is only covering part of the ground and 1/2 inch deep at the most.

Post any projects where you use your ATV or UTV to help 'Get er done'. :D

Nice to take a ride in the woods, but mostly mine is a work tool.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 219
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 239

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice setup you have there. Over the years mine is used more for work than fun. While it used to be 60/40 fun, now it's more like 20/80 fun. But most of the work is kinda fun, so it's not all bad.
Nice trailer and log hauler you have there rdbrumfield. :thumb: :D

Actually, that trailer and log getter is one and the same. The bed is dumped by the winch and just lifts off to use as an arch.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 212

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good idea. Is that something you designed and made?

Yes Doc, it is something I came up with.

In the early 80's I made one for my tractor and figured why not for the quad. It is a very handy unit for around the place. It works well behind my small kubota too, but the quad has more power.

se0sea

Bush Hog Trail Hand TH4400 UTV

our newest addition

heyyyyy.jpg

dump bed2.jpg

yes its in the garage.jpg

its an '06 that was in repo at the bank I do service for. was covered in mud when I first saw it. has 190 hours on it. wasnt well taken care of by previous owner. I fixed the tailgate latch, cables are snapped off. have to replace the winch cable due to it was wound up in a ball and its frayed. engine runs good and it drives good except going up a hill is a bit of a struggle. it climbs good, but the engine at full speed goes slow. transmission? belt? any suggestions welcome.

Last edited:

Oldpath

Does the Kubota RTV 500 have differential lock on the front end or just the rear end? anyone...........

AdamsRepair

Bighorn 2.0 Junk

:myopinion:Just my opinion! It depends on what you use them on I guess, on a four wheeler they are probably great. I know on my 700 Raptor I like a softer sidewall and a square tire profile, for handling. They hook up out of a corner best. But on a Can-Am commander side by side they are no good. 1000 miles and the tread is worn 60%, to much throttle I guess. Just ripped a hole in the face, it took 3 plugs just to hold enough air to get home. I thought well these things happen. Took it to the tire shop(which is located next door to the Can-Am dealer go figure) they said they can't fix it, said they are junk, too thin of rubber on the inside to grind down for a big old truck patch.
I'm like really, your kidding, "Nope just look over here in our scrap tire pile" he says. I walk around the corner and over half of the ATV tires there were Bighorn 2.0's. He said the regular Bighorns are much better than the 2.0's. He even said "If you knew this sooner you could have taken them off and sold them to someone you don't like, I mean really really don't like." HA ha ha I don't think so.
I have some (STI Roctane XD Radial ATV Tire 27x11-14 8 ply) tires coming. Hope they hold up to the rocks and a heavy foot. They might be stiff but maybe not flat.
I'll see if the rubber cement is dried a little so I can put 1 more plug in it so we can ride this weekend. 2013 Can-am commander 1000XT bought the 6/21/13 and we just hit 1000 miles on it already. :myopinion:

Last edited: