Kubota RTV x1100c LED Light Bar

ItBmine

Nice ideas here though. Thanks. I'm still getting an RTV but I held off for now. The Canadian exchange rate is too bad right now. I don't like giving money away.

ItBmine

I already love it. Tried one at my dealer. He is located on a big hill so the wife, son and I piled in it and climbed hills so steep I was nervous to rule out all the stories I had read that they are gutless.
And I don't want a cab tractor because I work in the bush at home here, so I want to get an RTV with a vee plow to have the cab, then just blow the banks with the tractor on days that aren't windy.
Plus I use my atv's more for work than trail riding, so I think the RTV would be a good fit for me.

bamasports

I'm in the process of mounting a 40" light bar on the front of my X1100C and two small pod light on each side of the rear. I noticed that the cab is prewired for lights. That is a great design, however I can't find the factory switches that go in the overhead panel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in the process of mounting a 40" light bar on the front of my X1100C and two small pod light on each side of the rear. I noticed that the cab is prewired for lights. That is a great design, however I can't find the factory switches that go in the overhead panel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think you have to buy them from kubota. That’s where I got mine at

Brett

soccertoad20

I bought mine from Ebay. Like $22 for 10 of them. Kubota wants around $20 just for one. I know the ones I got are probably Chinese crap but they work and I have plenty of extras if they ever do go out. Most of my buddies that have atvs or side x sides have used them and haven't had any issues. I'm pretty sure the bigger rocker switches are fairly consistent in size so they should pop right into the slot, at least mine did. You can find many different kinds too. Different color lights. Plain, wording, or symbols that light up.

They weren't plug and play though. I took the 5 pin connectors and cut them off and wired them directly to the switch blades. It's not as nice as using the connectors but once you have them connected you shouldn't have to mess with them ever again (or see them since they are behind the switch/panel).

OldMasterTech

Has anyone upgraded to led headlights? I've found some online and they all have different styles of led layouts on the bulb. I know the reflector housing design can potentially cause the leds to not throw its light very well.

Just wondering if anyone has bought some and it worked well.

I did get a pair of Xenon lights and they are more of a white color like leds (not the yellow color like the stock lights) and throws slightly more light than the stock lights but if I can get more light I'd like it.

When I go down the road at night I use my overhead led light bar but when a car comes I turn it off and just have the headlights on which is nothing compared to the light bar.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Was there ever any update on this question? It's been a year so maybe someone has found a good 894 LED replacement?
I searched but no definitive answer. The selection of LEDs online is huge but so are the negative reviews!
I have found lumen ratings that vary from 160 to 900 so I suspect the negative ratings are from those who installed the dim ones.

ItBmine

I've had my RTV x1100c for a few months now and I love it. I finally got around to adding some LED light bars. I searched quite a bit and found tons of different types, sizes, and mounting concepts from other people. I went with a 42" led (I think 960 W) on the front and two 4" floods (I think 54 W a piece) on the back. All came from Ebay. Some guys at work helped me with a mount for the front led. We came up with more of an "L" shape bracket that we bent to kind of conform to the curve of the roof to get the led low. I wasn't wanting to increase the overall height of the unit too much with the light and if I ever got into a clearance problem I wasn't wanting to rip the light off. I'll get some more close ups later on of the mount.

I bought a pack of illuminated rocker switches from Ebay and put them in the switch panel just below the radio. They work great. I didn't get any wiring kits or anything from Kubota so I cut off the molex type connectors and added my own connectors to attach to my switches and lights. Not too big of an issue to do. Also, the rear lights are only prewired to the back left mount so I put in some jumper wires to get power to the right side.

Since I took these pictures I had one of the floods cause me a tons of headaches by blowing fuses left and right. Short story, there was some sort of grounding issue with that particular light so I threw it away. I had two extra 4" spot lights from a previous project and decided to add them too. So for the moment I have the left side with one flood and one spot 4" led and the right has one spot 4" led. I'll have to get some pictures of that later on.

If you have any questions of what I did let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

I had the same issue when I switched to LED work lights on my Kubota tractor. I had two forward facing lights and I kept blowing fuses. Tested both lights by themselves they were fine. Dealer I bought them from tested, they were fine. Gave me new ones, blow fuses on the tractor, work fine off the tractor.

I finally gave up and put a single light bar on it facing froward and one backwards. I still can't explain that one?

soccertoad20

Was there ever any update on this question? It's been a year so maybe someone has found a good 894 LED replacement?
I searched but no definitive answer. The selection of LEDs online is huge but so are the negative reviews!
I have found lumen ratings that vary from 160 to 900 so I suspect the negative ratings are from those who installed the dim ones.

I haven't kept up with this so maybe there is an update. When I was originally looking I found a ton of different styles of LED bulbs. I think someone mentioned that it depends on how the reflector is on the RTV that will determine how the LEDs need to be on the replacement bulb. Again, I haven't kept up with it if someone found something. I wasn't wanting to waste my money on multiple types of LED bulbs to figure out what would work.

MichaelSavan

Wow, you pulled off a difficult task. I don't know much about cars or electricity, so I'm afraid to do these things myself. I had my friend change the bulbs in the front of the car to LEDs so they would shine brighter. So far it's working. I watched him do it and he gave me some important tips. So with the next installation, I will handle it myself

MichaelSavan

Wow, you pulled off a difficult task. I don't know much about cars or electricity, so I'm afraid to do these things myself. I had my friend change the bulbs in the front of the car to LEDs so they would shine brighter. So far it's working. I watched him do it and he gave me some important tips. So with the next installation, I will handle it myself
I want to place the LED light strips inside the car to make its interior look more interesting and have a certain atmosphere. I like this option of synchronizing music rhythms. But I need more opinions. Is it difficult to install? What are the main points?

schulzie

I bought mine from Ebay. Like $22 for 10 of them. Kubota wants around $20 just for one. I know the ones I got are probably Chinese crap but they work and I have plenty of extras if they ever do go out. Most of my buddies that have atvs or side x sides have used them and haven't had any issues. I'm pretty sure the bigger rocker switches are fairly consistent in size so they should pop right into the slot, at least mine did. You can find many different kinds too. Different color lights. Plain, wording, or symbols that light up.

They weren't plug and play though. I took the 5 pin connectors and cut them off and wired them directly to the switch blades. It's not as nice as using the connectors but once you have them connected you shouldn't have to mess with them ever again (or see them since they are behind the switch/panel).
What did you exactly add? I want to add a light bar in rear and 2 lights in front. Behind the rocker switch panel there are two molex type connectors floating around, did you use one of them or both of them (I don't have a wiring diagram for my 1100-C.