l3200 won't start

rubyruss

my l3200 won't start, at first I thought I ran out of fuel, so I've done all the normal things you would do, this has a valve you turn on the injector pump you open and supposedly you crank with that open and thats all thats required to bleed. made no difference. I then bled at the injectors, 2 of 3 I got good flow, I then bled from the top of pump lts all good. it acts like it wants to start sometimes, but not enough. I crank at 20 sec intervals then let starter cool. I changed fuel filter it was pretty dirty, only have 200 hrs on tractor. I was power washing when tractor stalled, did not direct water into engine compartment. if this was a gas engine id wonder if I was getting spark, thats what this acts like. plenty of charge in battery. I checked fuses all ok. the tractor is on an incline so I was wondering if that was working against me. is there a way you check the equivalent of spark on a diesel. any ideas

thanks for the help

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum. Wish it was under better circumstances.

What are the chances you still have either air or water in the fuel lines?

The first thing I'd try is to turn your key counter-clockwise to the glow plug preheat position. The squiggly line on the dash (probably left side, below your battery and oil pressure lights) should come on. If it doesn't, that's bad. If it does, hold the key in that position for about 5-10 seconds then try to start it.

If you were spraying electrical components, there may be water in some crucial connection. Letting the tractor dry out for a couple days may let it dry and hopefully self-heal itself.

There's a bunch of online references on testing glow plugs. You may need a workshop manual for your tractor to get the specifics on your plugs.

Do you have the owners manual? If not, here's an online version.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1199328/Kubota-L3200.html?page=27#manual

On that online manual, click on the troubleshooting tab. The first section is things to consider if your engine won't start.

rubyruss

its been drying for a week, I don't believe im getting enough fuel to the injectors, I have checked the fuses by the left peddle is there other places for fuses

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My tractor is green (I don't own a Kubota tractor) so I can't say where all fuses are. I'd think that info would be in the owners manual I linked to.

Lee1935

Do you by any chance have a compression release? They are great for purging air out of injector lines? (tighten all lines turn over a few times, then one by one loosen line at injector) if you see air bubbles retighten and repeat.

When you get no more air bubbles then use your glow plugs to try to start.

of course you did check that you are getting good flow through the filter☺