Kubota BX2200

charlmit

My Kubota runs great till it has run for awhile then starts to run like if is giving out of fuel and lose power. if i cut it off and let it cool down for about 20 min. it runs good till it warms back up. any body know what could be wrong. Also my turn lights stay on or dont work like they should.

Art454

maybe fuel filters or fuel pump gets warm and dont pump so good....also could be fuel cap seen that before....wont let air in.
Could be a lot of things but these are simple looks.
as far as lights could be in switch or short were someone sliced something together.

Art

leo b

hi i had a prob. like this it was water in fuel check filter's one is on left side under hood near fire wall one under tractor near fuel pump if you keep tractor out side you can get a lot of water in tank you may need to drain tank hope this helps

charlmit

new filters still does it tank leaks though when i fill it up i think from were pump is put in tank or tank split. also fuel guage don't work right (been that way since we got it new)

Art454

I have a bx23 but pump is under tractor so more likely r tank is cracked.....damm plastic....

Back to the warm running problem....only seen it in gas engines....but sometimes the valves well get hung up in the valve guides when the engine warms up......when u stop the engine to let cool down listen for a clink....if you here that u know a valve is hanging up. It may take more than one cycle for you to notice this as the engine has to be at the right valve timing for you to hear it.
If you hear it you will have to take the head off and do a valve job and the like.
This is the worse scenario.....hope not but you asked what might be wrong.

Art

leo b

hi ok 1. does your tractor set outside 2.when it does this look at the filter under the hood you will see the water if its there 3.the dealler told me that there was a problem with the gasket at the sending unit on top of the tank im cheap so i did this 3 A remove under hood filter put hose in can drain tank by turn on key replace bouth filters B my dealer had a small water separator i put before the filter this did the trick don,t fill the tank all the way check and dump out the separator once in a while hope this helps please let me know because i love the little 2200

rlk

Gold Site Supporter
new filters still does it tank leaks though when i fill it up i think from were pump is put in tank or tank split. also fuel guage don't work right (been that way since we got it new)

I also have a BX 2200. My tank developed a leak, but was repaired when the tractor was about 6 years old. It was out of warranty, but my dealer (Carver Equipment in Dunn, NC) got Kubota to take care of it.

I have not experienced the other problems you are having with the engine.

Bob