Hydraulic fluid

dsta4016

I have just recently purchased a BX 2230 . I would like to change the hyd filter. My question is if I remove the filter without draining the fluid, how much will I lose ?
Thanks,
Don

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
And if like me the quicker you try to be the more you'll loose due to fumbling. So just take old one off, put new one on, no rush. You will loose some but it should not be to bad.
That Super UDT is expensive but is so worth it. Don't try any other hydro oil. I've only heard the bad stories of those who have tried, no one that I know of has switched and been happy with the outcome.
Good luck.

Kanook

Never tried it myself but there are some who claim that if you place the hose of a shop vac over the filler hole that the vacumn created allows only a small amount of tranny fluid to escape while removing and reinstalling a new filter.

Kip in Ga

I have just recently purchased a BX 2230 . I would like to change the hyd filter. My question is if I remove the filter without draining the fluid, how much will I lose ?
Thanks,
Don

Yep I was wondering the same thing.
When I changed those 2 filters in my L3130 the guy at the dealer said to drain the fluid first because it would blast out of the hole created when the filter was removed.

So I drained first. A real pain in the neck trying to keep that drained (near 11 gallons) fluid clean, then re-pouring it into that small hole.

Surely there is a better way! ! !:eek:

Maybe some of the Pros here can suggest a reasonably priced pump that is capable of transferring that fluid from ground level to enough height to refill the tranny.
In my case about 4 +/- feet.

Kip

Last edited: