Heavy-Duty Industrial Box Blade?

camnbc

The 7 ft modern box blade is probabley close to 1000 lbs. I'm just guessing but I've put it through hell and back on a 68hp 4wd It even has the hydraulic scrapers. I know for the money that I'm hearing you guys talk about. This one is a bargin. I can post a number on here or maybe I can find their web site if anyone is interested

Glowplug

The 7 ft modern box blade is probabley close to 1000 lbs. I'm just guessing but I've put it through hell and back on a 68hp 4wd It even has the hydraulic scrapers. I know for the money that I'm hearing you guys talk about. This one is a bargin. I can post a number on here or maybe I can find their web site if anyone is interested

Bargain?!?! More like a steal! Yeah, do post a contact number or website. I tried to find them but couldn't.

Glowplug

The Modern Ag website is http://www.modernusa.com/modernAG/modernAttachments/ and the phone number is 1-800-231-8198. They have been building implements since 1963.

Happy shopping!

Fred

Thanks. I do wish they posted their specs, particularly the weight. I find that the best way to determine how heavy duty a unit is. If I could get a 7 footer with hydraulic scarifiers that weighs 1,000# for around a grand I believe I'd have to jump on it like white on rice!:brows:

mojoinco

Now particular comments on a brand for a box scraper, but I have found that having a floating back blade offers improvements in spreading the smaller materials, especially in a finish situation (smoothing the top layer for example). Going backwards to move dirt hasn't been an issue with a floating blade.

I like the fixed scarifier bar. You make a rough adjust on the rippers, then adjust the top link (preferably this is hydraulic) for cutting depth of the rippers. No hydraulics on the implement, but stays on the tractor.

I've owned a few diffeent box blades over the ages. Some with fixed rear blades, some with swinging rear blades. Long story short, I own two box blades now, BOTH with hinged blades. And I wouldn't own one WITHOUT. (Woods HB72 and HB84) I have access to a couple Gannon boxes at work, both with hydraulic scarfiers. Highly over-rated unless you're going to be doing a LOT of ripping. (Or your money tree is in full bloom!:pat:)

Hydraulic top link is nice. They're probably more useful wth a box blade than any other single implement.

Resting the weight of a box blade on the rear cutter isn't the best way to finishgrade IMHO. A deft hand on the position control is. I do NOT like to use draft control when grading. I want accurate control of the box, and NOT having the draft control constantly adjusting its position.

Just my opinion, and quite possibly worth all yo just paid to hear it:rolleyes: