Howdy from across the pond

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm a fan of the hand throttle kit.
Kubota Hand Throttle Kit V4241

I do use it it keep the RPM's up, then slowly depress the foot pedal.

With or without the hand throttle, at approx. 1/2 of the foot pedal is the "sweet spot" for power. There's an aux pump in there that gives more power but reduces speed. Give it a try by getting a run at a nice hill where you have the pedal mashed to the floor. When it starts bogging down, slowly lift off the pedal. You'll hit a point where all of a sudden the RPM's go up and you have tons of power. You won't be going fast anymore but you'll have a lot of power.

Kanook

Question is would you have spent all that dough if the dealer has said "Son you'll be fine as long as you dont get stuck against a tree on a small incline" ??

Got the same issue and agree with vintovka...What these things need is a clutch in the drivetrain...would solve a lot of issues...and to answer your question..NO!

Last edited:

vintovka

The backup issue is the single most fault i have with mine. Its a 2004/5 and runs fine otherwise. Have contacted dealer and they say nothing they can do so i live with it. Most ATV owners would LTAO to see an rtv stuck up against a downhill tree. I LMOA when i can carry a full load of wet oak, 2 overweight old folk, 2 shotguns, tools, a 120 pound dog and several chainsaws up a 30% muddy slope.

Kanook

Great to see you back and posting Kanook!

Not much snow this year to keep me busy so got some free time to complain :beatdeadhorse5: I am curious about those seats also. I have a couple of sport buckets out of a Honda CRX that might make the seating in my 900 a bit more comfy. Wouldn't want to take a road trip down rte 66 sitting on that bench seat:17875:

Rogeydodge

Rodneydodge, I see that this is an '09. Did you buy from the dealer and get some sort of warranty or are you having to pay for all this "adjusting" to get it right. We hurt for ya . bordercollie

Fortunately this kind of thing happening is the reason I buy expensive equipment through an approved dealer. The unit came with full six month warranty so thankfully it's all coverd, and as mentioned previously they have been fantastic. They know the unit well as they have serviced it since new.

Rogeydodge

Just had a call from the dealer. The two tec guys from Kubota UK have solved the issue. He didnt go into too much detail (I will get more when they return it tomorrow), but the problem has come from the relief valves. They were removed, adjusted and now all works well. They simulated the problem with a six inch kerb and with a small blip from the gas pedal it climbed right over. I don't know enough about the relief valves at this stage to comment, but would be interested to know from you guys if this is possible. Could help out Vintovka & Kanook who sound like they have a similar issue.

vintovka

Will be waiting with baited (possibly bad) breath. Your cab is must in england. DOn't think I ever saw the sun there on about 10 visits. Rained more than N. Thailand and cold to boot.

oldhat

Site Supporter
I am sure there are several people here that would love to know what the fix was. They have delt with this problen for some time.
oldhat

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
I picked mine up new in March of 2006. It has never seen the dealer since and will back up on some very steep inclines even with a few hundred pounds in the bed. I read so many complaints about this and other problems and it sure strikes me that the training and support available to dealers from Kubota is lacking. If you get lucky and get one setup just right it will perform great and if adjustments are off just a little bit it is a constant headache. I have taken mine up and down my hillside many times and it is so steep it wears you out to climb it on foot. The only time I have ever been stuck was when it was high centered in deep skidder ruts. I have never had to make any adjustments on any part of the machine and except for knocking the fan belt off by backing over a stick have not had to replace any parts. Others have had many issues and gotten nowhere with Kubota or their dealer. Sure seems to be a lack of information from corporate on down to me.

Rogeydodge

I got the RTV back this morning, and I have to say it is a different beast from the one they took away. Very responsive, and a quick test took me up a hill in H that it would only manage in low beforehand. Reverse gear is also performing as you would expect. I asked what finally solved the problems I was having:

We piut a shim under the check valve for charge pressure, and adjusted the psi upto 4100 in the pressure release valve, according to Kubota UK this is well within tolerences.

So there you have it, all sorted & I am very happy :a1:

For those of you interested in the UK seat configuration (road legal units only), here it is.

Attachments

• photo10 (Large).jpg
    photo10 (Large).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 280
  • photo9 (Large).jpg
    photo9 (Large).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 279

Kanook

Glad it came back all fixed.

I want those seats...very nice...I notice that Kubota doesn't install the steering wheel on the "wrong" side however.

Kanook

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That is great news Rogeydodge. Thank you for let us know about the fix. :tiphat: Have a great time with it and cheers from this side of the pond. :) bordercollie :doggy:

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
We piut a shim under the check valve for charge pressure, and adjusted the psi upto 4100 in the pressure release valve, according to Kubota UK this is well within tolerences.

So there you have it, all sorted & I am very happy

For those of you interested in the UK seat configuration (road legal units only), here it is.

I'm so happy you got things going your way.
Sounds like you have great Kubota service / mechanics over there.
Thank you for sharing this.
I LOVE YOUR SEATS.
THEY LOOK COMFORTABLE !!!!:thewave:

vintovka

Any way we could get your guys to send us pics/description of mods? Would be nice to have the rest of us owners petition KUBOTA to make a RECALL on ours and fixem. Tired of dodging downhill obstactles.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Fantastic that you got them to "repair" your problems. Traction and power out in the woods when hauling loads is a MUST HAVE situation. We are always taking our splitter or chipper out and live on hills such as you describe. Each machine easily weighs over several hundred pounds and then if you add the weight of the load in the bed, things can really get touchy if one cannot depend upon being able to move it foward and REVERSE when needed..................

The seats are great; but a question...........where is the fuel tank??????.........Seems to this ol brain that my fuel tank and a couple of other "tanks" are directly under the passenger side. Other mechansims are under the driver............Have they moved these; because in your pics it looks like the rear firewall goes down to the floor and those great seats bolt to the floor and revolve forward to allow access to behind and under them.........Pehaps they have changed the cab design and where these things are as mine is an 05 900 and they have changed?????????..............God bless........Dennis

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
thats some cool looking seats .man i bet they take alot of the rtv's rough ride out.