Lights on New V4210 Cab

Wild Bill

Got my new cab and thought it should have some new lights. I thought they should be relatively low profile so I could still get it in the garage w/o ripping them off.

My thanks go out to Tailrotor and 71sschevelle for their previous posts on LED work lights.

I decided to go with a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ENZOAGI"]20" 126W light bar for the front[/ame]. It has 24 floods and 18 spots which I think is an excellent combo for a UTV. I bent a piece of 18" wide .050 sheet steel to add support to the roof where I mounted the light. It is bolted / sandwiched between the roof frame and the roof.

For the back I went with a pair of [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LX28WAO"]18W LED floods[/ame].

I couldn't be happier with the purchases.

Just Headlights

With work lights

I also added six marker lights to the cab (2 per side and 2 on the back) and connected them to a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NKPG36"]strobe controller[/ame].
I live on a back country highway. I wanted to make things a bit safer when plowing and didn't want to mount a beacon on the roof which would again hit when going into the garage. The marker lights are armored so there shouldn't be an issue if the occasional tree branch hits them.

Wiring:

Here you see two switches below the main switch panel that I added for the strobes. The one in front is a SPDT switch that will either turn on the strobes via a constant 12v lead or tie them into the hazard switch. That way if I can set it so they come on when I turn the hazards on. The second switch further back changes the mode of the strobe controller. The two silver screws even further back mount the strobe controller.

I'm liking it all so far, can't wait for more snow!

pop58

Nice job Wild Bill. The difference between the lights being off then on is amazing. For sure will look into some lights.

Tailrotor

Very nice Wild Bill the lights are amazing. Everytime I use my RTV at night I still in ah over them. Where were these lights 20 years ago man I could of used them on all my equipment back then.

Great job Bill. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!!!

Wild Bill

Your welcome. Let us know what you get and how you like them.
Oh, and good luck with your wife. Might I suggest some flowers?

Mark.Sibole

LOL That may have worked in the old days but now her purse strings are so damn tight its pitiful lol.Ill have to do things slowly as im starting to order parts for my DB 990 project.But i know i can find enough pop bottles for the led flasher unit replacing my old one .It isnt as bright as id like it to be but had to work on a poor mans budget to even have what I have now.But as always ill post anything I do with the RTV just to pass along ideas if anything. You all here are my special little family Ive grown to admire and like.Wouldnt know what to do without all of you here.

Mark.Sibole

Just ordered the top light bar for my machine.Cant wait till it gets here.Thanks for all of the kelp Bill.

Regards

Mark

Mark.Sibole

I think so too.Added the back set of ecco strobes today so im set there finally.Dont be like me and do stuff when its only 7 degrees out.In still trying to feel my fingers.and a nice brisk 30 mph wind made everything outside miserable! But strobes on and all plowed out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wild Bill

LOL! I was lucky to have done my mods around Thanksgiving. This evening I had to go out after the brief thaw yesterday and use the pick / mattock to remove all the ice from around my barn doors. Recycle bin blew 250 yards from where it started this morning. Hands and face were numb. Gotta love it!

Only got an inch of snow last night but by the time I got home from work the driveway was bare and there was 12-16" in front of the garage door... Wintertime Fun.

You'll have to post some pics when she is all done. I'd love to see it.

Bill

cchaffee

First, Awesome job WildBill. I have a 900 I put the Curtis Plow on. After using a garden tractor since 1990 the RTV with cab and heater is the cats @&&. But I had to plow one night after dark and I can't see behind me. I have been looking at the 18w leds that Bill used.

Here is my dilemma. before the snow got too deep I found I really, really, REALLY enjoy Louis and Clarking with the tank here in the PA hills. I raced quads and rode these hills in the 90's before kids. It is nice to go 4 wheeling at a nice slow pace, with friends, the dog, or the wife, and the occasional adult beverage. I guess I'm getting old. So I am looking at under bed mounting or under the cab roof where they would be protected from the terrain clearing, branch bustin that I seem to enjoy.

Just wondered if anyone has done any mounting like that?

Mark.Sibole

All of my lights are mounted under the roof.As soon as it warms up and I add the light bar ill post some pics of the new lighting.In the mean time ill see if i can find any old posts with my existing lights .

Mark.Sibole

For all who are interested I installed the same light bar on my machine as Bill did.If you watch the video and wonder if its a camera thing showing how bright the light bar is it isnt.They work and look like just in the video.The light Bar will drown out the OEM lights.It even covered the lighting from the 2 55 watt halogen lights I have on the roof next to the bar.A definate must have IMO.Ill Post some pics of the install later today when i get my lazy asss motivated to go outside.Im moving a bit slow today.
Thanks sagain Bill for the Help and light bar link.