How to install a Toothbar

PBinWA

For holes bigger than 1/2" you can use a metal cutting hole saw bit. I think they work better than conventional bits in many cases.

You may also want to get some cutting oil at your hardware store. Look in the plumbing section. The oil helps a lot.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good point PB. I've used WD-40 to lubricate and cool the bit at times. ...and was thinking of doing that again when I drill the bucket. Is cutting oil that much better?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, all it took was a 1/2 inch hole. Worked like a charm. I didn't have to use the tapered bit. I figure I'll return it at that price, and buy one when I know I need it. We'll see.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
And............:nopics::nopics2:

At least I took pics DURING the install. How about pics of after the install?

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Well, all it took was a 1/2 inch hole. Worked like a charm. I didn't have to use the tapered bit. I figure I'll return it at that price, and buy one when I know I need it. We'll see.

I would keep the bit. Heck you already have it.
Maybe that's why my garage and barn are such a mess right now.:hide:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm having the same thought Jerry. But Abby has her eye on a new light and other yard stuff that taking back the bit could help my pocket book on. Ask me in 30 days ....I'll probably still have it. :hide:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
And............:nopics::nopics2:

At least I took pics DURING the install. How about pics of after the install?
Ahhh don't do that to me Jerry. I thought of pics after I had WD-40 all over my hands with dirt mxed in, and decided you did such a good job with pics that I couldn't snow it any better. :D
I'll take a pic of it in action when it's not so muddy out.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
My Markham has been on since the tractor was a couple weeks old, best $250 I ever spent! This will be it's 5th Summer and solid as a rock!

100_0350b.jpg

100_0351b.jpg

100_0352b.jpg

100_0353b.jpg

chowhound

My toothbar doesn't get much action. It seems anything I need to dig into, I can dig into just fine without it. Plus I use my bucket forks every week and they won't fit over the toothbar. And of course there was back dragging snow this winter.... toothbars and backdragging don't mix (lol). I'll never get rid of it though. I might need it some day.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I considered that also CH. I back drag a lot, and use forks and a clamp on ball hitch a lot. I'm hoping they will open wide enough to go over the toothbar as i do use them more than I will be digging. At least it's only two bolts to remove the toothbar so just a minor inconvenience if I do have to remove it.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
OK..............have you used it yet? Is it still a virgin? :hide:

Where are the pics?:yum:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:hide: Haven't used it. Way to muddy here. High winds now so I hope it drys out soon.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
:hide: Haven't used it. Way to muddy here. High winds now so I hope it drys out soon.

I thought I,d give this thread a bump , I had never seen it before untill OhioTC18 posted it in My thread . Very handy info & pics for anyone thinking about getting a tooth bar . Well Some posted pics :yum: . Sorry couldn,t help it Doc . :tiphat: