Replacement dump bed for RTV 900

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

Going to move this over to the RTV section of the forum so it gets more views.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Don:

Welcome to the Forum. Haven't seen a replacement bed, but will keep my eyes open for ya.

Keifer

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Don, Welcome to our forums. I'm glad you found us. A whole lot of RTV knowledge here, the most in the world I do believe.
You are the first I've seen to ask this. I'm curious, did your bed break or rust out?

Mark.Sibole

Thay are very expensive on their parts.Ive looked at a lot of them on their site and they act like the parts are brand new for the price they ask IMO.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Are you looking for the bed floor or the whole thing?

My floor is good but I made an entirely new box (sides & tailgate). I made mine out of wood. It's held up great for almost 12 years now.

Use RTV to muck horse & alpaca stalls. Dealer never recommended spray on bedliner although I did have the camo composite one. Completely rusted through including rear horizontal support beam.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Zoom's bed has been around for ever and as his past comments have attested to, has been great. Do you have the hyd lift? reason for asking is the bracing underneath. I would think it would work ok to have the lift part - braces out of steel with a heavy duty exterior grade wood floor and siding. The spray in bed liner is sort of "grippy" and would sure catch manure in the little textured pattern. I have the spray in bedliner and a piece of exterior grade plywood on the bottom to deflect T posts and minerals. If I had to do it again, I would get metal floor bracing for the hydraulics to hook to, add exterior wood covering for the floor, and then add wooden sides and a tailgate like BC Zooms. I might also add some of the slick plastic to line it with. That would be a quick way to dump out and also to wash out the bed. collie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
are there plans for it? I have the lift bed.
Are you asking for plans for my bed? If so, yes, I can take some pics and measurements. Again, mine is from the flat steel bed and goes up from there (so it sits on the OEM flat bed. I just pulled all the sides and tailgate off and replaced those).

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Is there enough of the supports and bed left where you can use it as a template or do you need a template for that as well?

Team - my week is really messed up due to work. If Don needs a template for the supports and bed, if one of you has time so you can beat me to it, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

Once I strip away the sides and gate I imagine I can pull the bed off the vehicle and turn it over to create a template. I hate to pay the price that Kubota wants for a new one and have not been able to find a serviceable used one.

ovrszd

If you are willing to accept wood sides it shouldn't be a big deal to build a new floor pan. It's simply square tubing and tread plate. Post pics of your progress!!!! :)

aurthuritis

Site Supporter