Okay... Who is the NTT Comedian???

xPosTech

Twasn't I Doug. If I remember correctly (HA!) the PO prints a UV fluorescent bar code ID tag on the envelope. You can probably identify the processing center that first handled the package. That will identify the general area of the country.

Speaking of Michael, do you know what he, Richard Pryor and Hotlips O'Hoolihan have in common?

They've all had major burns on their face.:yum:

Ted

Dougster

Old Member
Twasn't I Doug. If I remember correctly (HA!) the PO prints a UV fluorescent bar code ID tag on the envelope. You can probably identify the processing center that first handled the package. That will identify the general area of the country.
Sadly Ted, as is standard practice in this area filled with identity-stealing "Undocumented Workers" ever going through your trash... I shredded the envelope... but not before I had gathered all obvious clues from the outside markings.

Now I will admit that Hollywood Brian... who still remains a "person of interest" in this case even if no longer an official suspect... seemed to be the obvious perpetrator (i.e., a neighbor and good friend of M.J.) and that probably did cause me to miss other hidden clues before the mandatory envelope shredding exercise. Had I known that the mystery was going to be far more difficult to solve, I would have taken appropriate evidentiary preservation measures. :eek:

Dougster :starbucks:

Yeah, I sorta ruled you out. :rolleyes: You'd have come up with something FAR more elaborate, evil and devious! ;) Probably a beer keg hanging from the back of my plow truck!!!

Dang now I have to come up with another idea. :yum: They don't call me Evil Ed for nuthin ya know!:starbucks:

Dougster

Old Member
Point all ya want. If I did it I would fess up. Besides that this prank is just not Evil enough for me. :beer:
Yeah Ted... the old Edster is likely telling the truth. An Edster prank would be far darker and devious. :rolleyes:

Besides... I checked his unlimited expense account. Other Michael Jackson CD purchases were there (plus an M.J. sweatshirt and "glitter glove")... but not this particular double CD set. :yum:

Dougster

Old Member
Might be time to consult Dr. Gil Grissom. Or his Georgia fox. :rolleyes:

Ted
Now you would have figured that someone would have owned up to it by now. :confused: I am at a loss to be able to point the finger at any one person with the sworn denials of the obvious suspects already in hand. Could be a major conspiracy... or it could be the work of a single deranged Michael Jackson fan. :confused: So far, it is impossible to tell. :eek:

N

Nicahawk

Now you would have figured that someone would have owned up to it by now. :confused: I am at a loss to be able to point the finger at any one person with the sworn denials of the obvious suspects already in hand. Could be a major conspiracy... or it could be the work of a single deranged Michael Jackson fan. :confused: So far, it is impossible to tell. :eek:

I'm enjoying following this. Let me say that I didn't send it and certainly didn't give out your address, however I would ck out the value. Maybe could trade it for :starbucks: gift cards. Good luck in tracking down the jokester! :thumb:

Dougster

Old Member
I'm enjoying following this. Let me say that I didn't send it and certainly didn't give out your address, however I would ck out the value. Maybe could trade it for :starbucks: gift cards. Good luck in tracking down the jokester! :thumb:
It's too late! :eek: It's playing in my computer's CD drive as we speak. ;)

The amazing generosity of NTT members (including yourself) truly boggles the mind. I am genuinely humbled by all the gifts... but people must realize that despite my current "laid-off-and-struggling-to-get-business-off-ground" state, the OLD MEMBER is simply not one to accept gifts unilaterally without somehow and eventually reciprocating in kind. This is starting to pose a problem as the old Dougster sucks down his gift Starbucks :starbucks: ... out of his gift Mahindra cup... while reading his gift welding books... and playing his gift M.J. CD set in the background... while pondering the authenticity and value of his autographed M.J. photo... all while preparing to have the old Edster buy me dinner again!!! :(

I hope you folks can see where this is going. :eek: The old Dougster is beginning to feel the strain of embarrassment with this "riches in friends" and the corresponding desire... indeed, personal need... to repay all of you in kind someday.

It's terrible to have to put it this way, but I need to have y'all stop sending these nifty surprise gifts... the valuable, the helpful, the enjoyable, the tasty... and even the dubious... until the Dougster can at least begin to catch-up himself on appropriate responses to all these wonderful friends. :eek:

Despite dirt poverty, a charity case the old Dougster has never been and is not now. But until I find success and/or win that lottery and can repay the generosity of all the wonderful folks here... PLEASE no more of them nifty (and expensive!) surprises in the old Dougster's mailbox. :snow:

That necessarily being said... we will return to the mystery of the M.J. photo and CD set forthwith! ;)

Dougster

Old Member
That necessarily being said... we will return to the mystery of the M.J. photo and CD set forthwith! ;)
Well, more bad news: Further detective work and consultation with handwriting experts has determined that the autograph of M.J. I received is a counterfeit... a blatant fraud. :( There goes my hope of selling a genuine M.J. autograph and making enough on the sale to buy a new John Deere 410J. :( It ain't gonna happen. :umbrella:

Note below the fraudulent autograph on the photo I received compared to two authenticated photographs of presumably similar vintage. :eek:

Not even close. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• MJ Fake.jpg
    MJ Fake.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 119
  • MJ1.jpg
    MJ1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 116
  • MJ2.jpg
    MJ2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 108
Well, more bad news: Further detective work and consultation with handwriting experts has determined that the autograph of M.J. I received is a counterfeit... a blatant fraud. :( There goes my hope of selling a genuine M.J. autograph and making enough on the sale to buy a new John Deere 410J. :( It ain't gonna happen. :umbrella:

Note below the fraudulent autograph on the photo I received compared to two authenticated photographs of presumably similar vintage. :eek:

Not even close. :rolleyes:

Sounds like it's back to hoping for your numbers to come up in the Lottery. :cool: