Kubota observations

CKing

kubota arrives tomorrow, funny thing about the Japanese their technical documentation it sucks. I first ran into this fixing my friends 1987 Kitamura CNC machine. Their drawings are like scrimshaw, tiny line drawings instead of annotated pictures and sentence structure is backwards. So instead of "let's go to the store", " store we go let's". The service manual is really a challenge to read. Even the product brochures are poor. I ordered optional CCV Joint skid plates but their were no pictures of them, I assumed they would be like the 3rd party American ones advertised. Well they weren't so I complained and they took the price off. Same with the hand throttle they show two different ones available as options again no pics and dealer didn't know the difference. Turns out the machine comes with one. However they build quality stuff, as I read through 6 years of forum posts the machine had some problems but they fixed them all. Even if was past warranty. It is old technology their isn't a single processor on whole machine. Very rugged designed to be used 60 hours a week, but lots of maintenance it has over 20 grease fittings compared to my truck which has 6 and my car none. It built like my 1966 Ford tractor. I'll never wear it out, I made them sell enough filters and oil for service out to 400 hours, and got 20% off. Turns out to have them come and get the machine and do the 50 hour service would be $400.00 and 200 service would be $600.00.

seery

I’m not sure their service manual is as challenging to read as your post...paragraphs are your friend.

Welcome to the forums.

CKing

Thank you for grammar lesson, but how many service manuals have you read? Yes grammar is out the window when typing with your thumbs.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
just for the record. the factory plastic tiny stick stoppers on my X1100c have been fine now for several years of some pretty stick filled operation. now i will probably ruin a boot today

CKing

skid plates

has anybody tried third party plates that wrap around the lower A arm. They have some slots in them I was wondering if they collect mud

Attachments

• skid.jpg
    skid.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 93

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
yes they are completely different. if you need more protection i think kubota offers an upgrade to steel front boot guards. mine are the stock plastic guard and have been fine even in rough brushy pastures where my kubota lives

CKing

Well I did some more reading in the WSM I'll upgrade from a D to a C. Some sections are better than others, but low quality printing makes the graphics challenging. I would prefer a PDF version then the graphics and searching would be better.

I asked skid plate mfr. if they have version for x1100