RTV & Tires

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I bought them from the site that's attached to that forum. I don't know the exact offset but I believe it's the same or very close to OEM. The tire size is 25 but when I got them, they were standing 26.5" tall. I would get a very minor rub but only under extreme conditions (e.g. going down a hill with a loaded RTV and give it a full turn to make a corner in the trail that traverses the hill. I would get a minor rub on the front outside tire). I put a lift kit in but in retrospect, probably shouldn't have.

razerface

adding pics of Grim Reaper tires. They are 26'' 10 x 12 on front and 12 x 12 on rear. The fronts do not rub with stock suspension. They are mounted on STI wheels.

RTVrightside_zps1f014c2c.jpg

grimreaperRR_zpsedd8ed8e.jpg

grimreaperRF_zps4692e690.jpg

grimreaperrear_zps749888b1.jpg

grimreaperLR_zpsbf4f6aeb.jpg

Mark.Sibole

I have a set of the truck/trailer tires on right now. the size is 185R14C 102/100Q tubeless, They are a Radial and the tire name is ADVANCE.
I'm not sure how to post a pic of them but will work on it.

View attachment 6160

Cool Idea.Ill have to look and see what size rims fit the Kubota.Would make good summer tires for me to save wear on my reapers.Ig anyone knows exactly what rim size and from what vehicle it is please let me know.Ill hit some Junkyards around here.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Cool Idea.Ill have to look and see what size rims fit the Kubota.Would make good summer tires for me to save wear on my reapers.Ig anyone knows exactly what rim size and from what vehicle it is please let me know.Ill hit some Junkyards around here.

Post #56 in this thread:
OK, I dug deep. Had to go back to 2005 to find it. Here's a couple threads (on another site) where people put car tires/rims on their RTV's.

In this one, he mentions rims from GM vehicles.
http://www.ridesidebyside.com/forums/showthread.php?t=917

In this one, it's trailer tires.
http://www.ridesidebyside.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686

In both, they say the RTV basically runs a 5 bolt 4 1/2 bolt pattern. Common on GM cars and trailer tires.

Good luck!

4 1/2 and 5 inch are also both standard trailer sizes. If you have access to a 6x12' or so trailer, maybe you can grab one of those tires (or preferably a spare) and see if that fits.

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Well guys I had to show ya's the new street tires and rims, when I go to town to blow off the Road Runners and slam her sideway,s with a holeshot they turn around.
ZZZ2D1/DOORGUNNER

Attachments

• P1000851.jpg
    P1000851.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 480
  • P1000862.jpg
    P1000862.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 476

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
The tires are wide P255 60R/15 wheels are Razor 15x7.
Here's a couple pics to show the width.
ZZZ2D1/DOORGUNNER

Attachments

• P1000864.jpg
    P1000864.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 471
  • P1000865.jpg
    P1000865.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 472

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
SWEET!!!! Now, tell us the bolt pattern (assuming those are car rims).

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
They are 5 lug with a 114.3 mm or 4.5 inches.
Wheels are razor 15x7 -6mm offset
Tires are BF Goodrich white letter T/A's P255/60R15

Mark.Sibole

Looking good.Any Rubbing issues with 15 inch tires???
The wide looks good but I think a bit narrower tires will cut through the uck a bit better,but if on pavment they should serve you very well.

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Hi Mark,
None at all, the total height profile is the same as our Bounty Hunters.
No rubbing issues at all.
We live in Michigan and have the machine plated.
These are the tires and wheels for the road for the most part.
Don't wanna wear those Bounty Hunters out.

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Fenton is our main home - right now RTV is here.
We have our retirement home in Prudenville & property with a pole parn in ST Helen.

randu2

Plated in Michigan?

ZZZ21,
You have your RTV 1100 plated? I also live in Michigan and my title says "ORV not to be registered for highway use " My RTV 1100 is a 2008. Did they change the law since then?
Randy

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Hi Mark,
We had 180 acres from Big Blue lake to Squaw lake since 1929 in the family, if you know where that is.
Had the biggest lot on Big Blue Lake that existed.
Sold the last of it in 2010.

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Hi Randy,
They changed the law in 2010.
Its re-vin-ed and titled as an assembled pickup.
ZZZ2D1/DOORGUNNER