HELP HELP HELP

rharrington1988

Hello,

I'm reaching out in hopes to get help with my 2007 RTV. I bought a used unit that was for plowing. They had a plow on it and it has auxillary hydraulics in thr front. the next person who bought it didn't use it for plowing (first owner kept plow) but the plow mount is still on it. I was hoping to find a blade to use with the plow Mount that is on it but I don't know how to go about finding the brand. Can someone tell me if they recognize this??

Also, the rear diff lock seems to be stuck in the on position. Any tips for disengaging?

Thanks, Ryan.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi and welcome to net tractor talk. I'm glad you found us. I'm going to move your post to the RTV forum where I'm sure you will get an answer.

Mark.Sibole

a lot of times the foot lever for the diff lock gets stuck from lack of lubrication and you will need to go under the machine and fololow the foot bar to the cable and lube it.See if the foot pedal will raise if you pull on it .Sometimes mine sticks and i just use a rubber mallot on it and free up the gunk under it.Its a place to start.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
There is a differential lock, lock, over by the lever to control the dump. MANY is the time that I have forgotten to "unlock" the thing and find myself tearing up the grass or asphalt as I make tight turns.

Whatcha gonna do about all that salt damage????..........Some "Fluid Film" will keep that from spreading, help loosen those fasteners to take the stuff off to repaint, and then protect it after refurbishing...........God bless....Dennis

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
You have the standard Kubota/Curtis blade mount. It's just like the one on my 04. Here is a shot of the complete installation on mine.
100_1304_zps35ec9425.jpg

I bought my plow through the dealer but just look up Curtis plows and you will find what fits.

One thought though, The mount is the least expensive part of the install. If you want a very nice plow at a decent price the Curtis like mine is tough and works well. About $1700. If you want to upgrade for $1500 or so more some of the members are installing Boss V-blades that look to be about as good as a plow gets. I would own one but the Curtis works fine here and I was on a limited budget when I purchased mine.

Bob

Last edited:

rharrington1988

much thanks

Thank you so much!!! So I'm guessing I will just need to buy the blade and some type of controller and can hook up to front hydraulics?

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Thank you so much!!! So I'm guessing I will just need to buy the blade and some type of controller and can hook up to front hydraulics?

My blade is power up/down (on the blade, electric controlled) and manual side to side. No hydraulics from the RTV. I'm not sure how Curtis/Kubota uses the RTV hydraulics but it should be available on the websites.

Don't discount the Boss V-plow. It comes with all the hydraulics to go up, down and side tot side on the plow and has a controller included. Don't get me wrong, my Curtis is an excellent plow and moved the large snow falls we had in Michigan last winter but for what you will invest in a Curtis with Hydraulics and a controller, you are probably getting close to the Boss. I'm not trying to sell you on the Boss but don't discount it until you have priced several options.

Lastly, You can find several plows cheaper that my Curtis but if you plan to move a lot with the plow, consider the Curtis the minimum that you will buy. The cheap ones will just bend and break. I beat the heck out of mine last year (Curtis 72") and it is still in excellent shape. So don't go cheap on a plow, you will regret it quickly.

Bob

rharrington1988

My blade is power up/down (on the blade, electric controlled) and manual side to side. No hydraulics from the RTV. I'm not sure how Curtis/Kubota uses the RTV hydraulics but it should be available on the websites.

Don't discount the Boss V-plow. It comes with all the hydraulics to go up, down and side tot side on the plow and has a controller included. Don't get me wrong, my Curtis is an excellent plow and moved the large snow falls we had in Michigan last winter but for what you will invest in a Curtis with Hydraulics and a controller, you are probably getting close to the Boss. I'm not trying to sell you on the Boss but don't discount it until you have priced several options.

Lastly, You can find several plows cheaper that my Curtis but if you plan to move a lot with the plow, consider the Curtis the minimum that you will buy. The cheap ones will just bend and break. I beat the heck out of mine last year (Curtis 72") and it is still in excellent shape. So don't go cheap on a plow, you will regret it quickly.

Bob

I'll probably go curtis so I can use existing mount. I am not too handy so I like idea of having to do as little maintenance as possible lol. I too live in Michigan and got killed paying for someone to plow last year. My driveway is really long. I bought this rtv with a cab and heat off ebay out of new York actually. Its an old rental with 1500 hrs. Its a little beat up and has some rust spots but starts with the slightest turn of a key. Everything seems to work great but the diff lock being stuck. I'll check out the suggestions tonight. Does your Curtis use a winch then?

Just called the local dealer for a price on Curtis, couldn't find anywhere to buy online. I'm sure they are going to wax me on the price.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
This is the complete setup, it's 12 Volt operated. It uses a two-way switch to raise and lower the blade and it's part of the blade package. Mine was used with 850 hours and most folks will say it about broke-in. Dealer completely serviced it as part of the sale. Runs like a new one eventhough it was used pretty hard in it's previous life.

Plow Model is V4208A 72" blade

100_1301_zpsd36f64dd.jpg

I plow several driveways, about 1700 running ft, and the Curtis worked great last year. I don't know where you are in Michigan but my unit was used and came from Farm Depot in Caro, Mi.

Give them a call, they are still family run and very fair. Ask for Chris, he's the RTV guy and will work with you. If the price doesn't sound fair, call around. Remember that shipping can add a lot of money to the price. Most dealers have them shipped in by truck with other orders so consider that in the price.

Bob

RealtreeRTV

The hyd. fittings are for using the hyd dump features for angling a curtis plow.

I'd bet your rig is already wired for a curtis electric lift. It is just a small flat 2 wire connector on the end of a set of wires.
Check and see if they tucked the wiring up somewhere behind the brush guard or front of buggy.