Now the dog likes to ride. Solution for sliding on seat.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
For years, my dog would sit in the RTV until you started it up then she jumped off quickly. She had no problems with trucks, golf carts or ATV's so I'm assuming it's related to the diesel.

This year, I worked with her on riding in the RTV. It worked and now (as it is when I hop in the truck), she almost insists on coming along.

The main problem is 95% of the RTV usage of late is hauling firewood. To get the firewood, it's almost 1/2 mile each way, on a steep hill. Going up isn't a problem as the seat back holds her in position. On the way down, the hill is so steep, she slides right off the seat. I would slide off as well if not wearing my seat belt.

Found a great solution. Anti-slip pads. Had some laying around that were 12"x24". Lifted the seat cushion and slid an end underneath then let the rest lay on the seat. The dog doesn't slide at all.

The stuff I have is something like this.

SKU049970%20-1.JPG

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks.........GOOD thought for sure.......my problem, in addition to the slippage is what to do about the mud on their feet????............Keeping the two collies out of the RTV when it fires up is pretty hard. The little girl, will head for her perch as soon as you head for the barn.........Then whatever is on her feet is on your jeans or whatever.......God bless....Dennis

628pm

Site Supporter
Same here as far as my dog riding with me everywhere, he must be a Kubota dog. He will ride on the tractor, RTV, and he even gets on the zero turn for a ride, (no mowing with him on it though). Waiting for seat covers to come out for the 2014 model, maybe that will help the mud and slipping.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've only had this stuff on the seats for a few days now but would think it easy to hose off. It is a tight enough mesh that unless it's dripping, I don't know if it would go through down to the actual seat. I don't let the dog jump or lean or otherwise on me if she's muddy.

I've trained my dog to stay far away from me when on the ZTR. She's very fast but the ZTR can spin on a dime and I'd hate to spin around and hit her. When I fire up the ZTR, she normally jumps up on the picnic table and stays up there until I'm done. It's her picnic table that she's allowed on... she's not allowed on our tables.