Homemade Cab on White 2-32 Field Boss

2425cedarhaven

I have attached pics of my recent homemade cab I built over the summer.

I have more information on this build in my albums at 2425cedarhaven.

Attachments

• Photo0322.jpg
    Photo0322.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Photo0323.jpg
    Photo0323.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 148
  • Photo0324.jpg
    Photo0324.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 155

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice work!!!! That looks better than the ones the dealers sell. :clap: :clap: :clap: :tiphat:

2425cedarhaven

Thanks for the positive comments!

I don't even want to guess how many hours I have in this project. I started threading and screwing the panels on using stainless steel screws and finished that way because I didn't want to switch to pop rivets mid-way through. Next one will be done using pop rivets-It was a fun project though. I am guessing I have around $700 - $800 in it. Much cheaper than buying one and I don't think I'd find a aftermarket "hard cab" for this tractor.

2425cedarhaven

White 2-32 Cab Heater

Here is a pic of the heater I bought off of Ebay. It is a Maradyne 4000 and I paid $157.50. It took about 20 feet of 5/8" hose to get it mounted towards the top of the cab. I had a little trouble bleeding the line, but it is amazing how much heat the unit throws out-Well worth the money. I don't even think I need to worry about insulating the cab or closing the openings around the controls.

Attachments

• Photo0326.jpg
    Photo0326.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 115

2425cedarhaven

Last weekend I temporarily closed in the right-hand side with material fastened with industrial Velcro. I had to add a pleat to the material to compensate for the loader controls sticking out. The plan is to finish it next summer with metal and a build an opening to access and remove the hydraulic hoses for use in the rear of the tractor. I would like to add a window into this area as well.

I also purchased a 12 volt wiper for the front off of eBay for $33. It works great, but will need to see how it will hold up scraping ice-covered windows in winter (It seems a little flimsy).

Next weekend I'll install the hand-controlled wiper to the rear window.

The snowblower is on and I am waiting for a snowstorm to try everything out-I haven't used the snowblower yet since I just purchased it in April off of Craigslist. It was too good of a deal to pass up at $450 and is in very good condition. The blower is a 76" George-White which was in storage for about 25 years and had very little use.

Earlier, this summer, I installed a 12 volt reversible window motor to the chute adjustment shaft. It is wired to a hand-held 3-way switch tethered to a 3 foot cord. I figure it will be easier to control on a cord than if it was wired to a switch somewhere in the cab. The plan is to be able to keep the cord on my lap and not have to search for the switch while driving in reverse.

I'll post video sometime during the winter.

Attachments

• White 2-32 side temp.jpg
    White 2-32 side temp.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 88

2425cedarhaven

I finally took video of the tractor with my George White snowblower. The first video shows the 12 volt chute rotation conversion I made using an automotive window motor.

I am not sure why the video sometimes comes out strange when using Internet Explorer???

The second video is the snowblower in action after a 12 inch storm in Wisconsin.

I am very pleased with how well the blower works-It can handle a lot more snow than 12 inches.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6jXT4gS6BkqWktoZnlXNnBBQkk/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6jXT4gS6BkqN0JUd190TlJOZWM/edit?usp=sharing

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks scary. I didn't see anything other then ghosts moving the chute.

In the 2nd video, why do you have you're front bucket so high? Besides the ghost chute, that looks scary.

2425cedarhaven

I am not sure why the video is "ghosting" while using Internet Explorer. I have had no issues when using FoxFire or Google Chrome.

As far as the bucket being up, I had it up to get above the mailbox at the end of my driveway. I do, however, have a tendency to drive it with the bucket up for clearer vision to the front when I am not using it. The tractor is very stable and it is not a safety issue. When I was on the farm we often drove the utility tractors on the field with the bucket up and out of the way. I could see it being a safety issue on a smaller unstable tractor.

2425cedarhaven

Homemade Tractor Cab Completed

I have attached a picture of the cab I started last summer and have recently finished. To see all the pictures and a brief description, see the album in my profile.

Attachments

• DSC00064.JPG
    DSC00064.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 34