$800 RTV1100 w/ plow

JGVentura

Good morning. So I was able to score a 2009 RTV 1100 this weekend with a V-blade plow for $800. They stated that it hadn't run in a few years and currently doesn't run. I recovered it from their yard Saturday, brought it home. Stuck my BMW battery in it temporarily as existing batt. was toast, cranked and fuel leak at the hose at pump. Hose wasn't connected and spring clamp wasn't on properly. Installed hose with new hose clamp. Cracked each fuel line loose at pump, cranked til fuel, tightened and fired right up. Runs mint.

Basically all of my cables were seized so I put Kroil in each and was able to free up throttle & shifter. Rear brakes were stuck applied and was able to tap those linkages back, lubed and freed up but then my park brake cable got stuck when applied, now rear brakes stuck again. Tried tapping back but no luck. It's definitely a machine that was used, so I would like to fix it up.

Right off the bat, my right exterior door handle missing, both door weatherstripping junk, throttle speed, diff lock, park brake cable and/or brake mechanism seized, rear shocks blown & leaf spring bushings dry rotted.

Was able to drive it before brakes locked up again; low, medium, high & reverse all work. I was able to get up to aprx 22mph. It has the full glass cab with doors, v-blade hydraulic plow, brush guard, high mount intake. This is my first foray into a UTV so I feel like I got a good deal. Being able to use it to clear my property of snow alone is worth the $800. What good wider snowblower can be had for that price? I would love to restore it and get it back to its glory days.

Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas would be tremendously appreciated. Thank you guys!

https://youtu.be/LpfmwkWvxcQ

https://youtu.be/r8IYPp1l8k8

Attachments

• 20190727_135714.jpg
    20190727_135714.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 20190728_082226.jpg
    20190728_082226.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 113

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thats great !!!!! I know you will have a good time with it once you get it all like you like it.
If it were me, I use only kubota fluid and filters. . The sudt2 sure makes a difference in the transmission. Does the transmission oil look ok? if not, I 'd consider maybe a flushing with the basic kubota transmission oil before putting in the synthetic sudt2.
Anyways, thats where I'd start- Congratulations on the great purchase !!!! bordercollie

JGVentura

Thank you! I was going to do a full service on it. I actually just got a 9k lb. Rotary 2 post lift installed my garage last month so after I finish a few existing projects I'm gunna focus some energy on the kubota. Considering I got a deal, I don't mind putting a bit of money into it but still trying to stick to a relative budget.

Wondering if there are any quality aftermarket shocks to keep cost down? Or suck it up and buy factory? Also, the rear mechanical braking mechanism, assuming that internal to the transmission? Tried tapping the linkages back but not moving anymore so hoping nothing jammed up internal...

JGVentura

i would pull the floor mat and repair the rusted floor plates.

Yes, definitely part of the plan. Is this a common issue with these? Also the tailgate is junk. Under the bed structurally is ok, frame looks pretty decent also. But that cab floor has seen better days

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Yes, definitely part of the plan. Is this a common issue with these? Also the tailgate is junk. Under the bed structurally is ok, frame looks pretty decent also. But that cab floor has seen better days

just judging by the rust above the radiator and on the bed it has had some salt exposure. if you are careful when you remove the old floor you can use it as a pattern for the new.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum. Your glass windshield is worth more than 800.00. Lots of good folks here willing (and able) to assist in your restoration. Share your efforts with photos and we'll provide the encouragement. Lots of luck.
Keifer

shinnery

If you want your money back let me know...... I have an '06 RTV 900. but it has never been near salty roads. I think, I got it from southern Arizona.
Bryce