Seat Cover- (stapled on type)

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Back when I was getting ready to sell my 2011 RTV 900xt, I bought a cut to fit staple on seat cover for it. All I had to do was staple it on. I found it on the e bay site for around $89. This price included the back cover also. The material was vinyl (somewhat thin but depends what is called thin by others) but the seams were straight and looked quality. There was not much extra material so it had to be pulled tight to get it to work - with about an inch to staple with all around. I think doing the seat and vinyl in the hot sun would be best fit. They also include directions for patching your foam if it has holes in it. That part is really neat.
I would be a little concerned about rain getting through the seams if parked in the open, but with shelter, it would probably be ok..
This is the link : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kubota-RTV...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
bordercollie

Attachments

• KIMG0044.jpg
    KIMG0044.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 54
  • KIMG0065.jpg
    KIMG0065.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
You can see the wrinkles in a place or 2 . I should have pulled it a little tighter . :hammer:
bordercollie

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I put on a similar seat cover, bought on ebay for my 06 RTV900. It was camo and made of material. I had my doubts about it but it worked out great. I would buy again if I needed one.

v10rick

Site Supporter
The cost of a professionally installed seamless cover was about 3Xs this amount. This is for the early RTV900 with the narrow back.

The foam was very uneven at the drivers position and the back board was rotted so I handed it off to an upholstery shop.

Now looks OEM

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I remember that my early 2005 RTV 900 had a plywood base bottom and back, It was very rotten when I sold it but the guy got a bargain and didn't care .My 2011 had a plastic base and back so that was a good improvement.
In an earlier thread, I mentioned how bought some vinyl material and tacked it on for the 2011 because I knew my hyper active collie would demolish it and.. she did. It cost less that $20 though and kept my pants dry. :)