Key question

Pelican

Me again. I would like to get an extra key for the ATV-X1140. The key they gave me does not have a number on it, only has - "CAS". Any ideas on obtaining another key? Thanks, Pelican

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I just got another key for my 1120D. The parts counter said they are all the same and are sold in sets of two. I assume the same is true for 1140s.

Hope that helps.

Pelican

I checked their site and the ones in the picture don't look anything like mine. I am wondering if the ignition switch may have been changed since this was a rental unit. My key looks more like an automotive key. I appreciate your response to my post, Pelican

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The keys for the rtv, bx tractor and the ZD series zero turns are the same and double sided.

The L series tractor uses a single sided key. Look at Messicks for a pic and see if it matches.

I bet you’re right, they changed the switch because of the key availability.

If so you can buy a new switch or take your key to a locksmith. I had to put a new switch on my zero turn couple of years ago. I can’t remember how much though. Seems like it was $30 or $40?

I don’t know offhand where my Kubota key ring is. I’ll try to find it and post pictures.

Just thought, look on ebay. They have all kinds of Kubota keys listed with pictures

Jim

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Found my keyring from the farm. Haven’t had much use for it since I moved to town.

Small double sided key sticking up - Kubota gas garden tractor and gas residential series zero turn (used a T1080 to mow around the turnouts and pull a small manure spreader)

Double sided key on right - Kubota RTV, Kubota BX tractor Kubota diesel zero turns

Single sided sticking down Kubota L series tractors

Single sided pointing left Bobcat

Pin and small master key - reset combination on Corbin and Master padlocks

Attachments

• B3FC6B07-8B61-42D4-AD1A-EF51B76E4592.jpg
    B3FC6B07-8B61-42D4-AD1A-EF51B76E4592.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 45

Pelican

G'mornin Y'all

The keys on eBay are not it. I bet Jim is right that the rental place changed the switch to use their own key. My wife has a cousin that is a locksmith. I'll get with him and see if he can come up with a blank and cut me one.
Hey, I really 'preciate y'all taking time to respond. If I ever figure out how to upload a picture I'll post one.
Have a great weekend, Pel

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like mine with a little difference in the teeth cut. :clap:

The bobcat key looks like an old gm key. If so the locksmith should have it or at least be able to order blanks.

Jim

Pelican

Found a Bobcat blank on eBay. Will get my wife's cousin to cut it when it comes in. Thank's everybody. This is a great site.

Oh, I went to a Kabota dealer a couple of towns away and looked at the factory key which was not like mine. While there I saw a new X1140 and when I saw the price it made made very happy about the deal I got on eBay.