How did you clear snow from the big storm?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I got a little seat time today. Used the back blade on the Kubota to clear the drive. Took 45 minutes or so. No cab but it's about 30 outside. Not to bad.

Did you have any snow to clear? What did you use to clear it?

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I haven't yet. I slacked off today. Maybe I'll get after it tomorrrow

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Push, load, dump .......... push, load, dump ............. push, load, dump

you getting the jist Doc?

urednecku

Last time I saw snow here, there wasn't enough to fill the back of a pickup----that's why I love it here!:hide::hide:

B

bczoom

We got 20-24" Friday night.

I spent 8 hours straight on Saturday moving snow. Loader on the front, blade on the rear.
A lot of the time was goofing off. The kids like snow piles so I made a couple piles. The picnic table on the left side of the first picture puts it to scale.

Attachments

• CIMG7655.jpg
    CIMG7655.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 602
  • CIMG7678.jpg
    CIMG7678.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 663

Ron Leard

I took my scraper blade off the back of my JD790, needed to put on ballast box. It proved better to sacrifice the rear blade for the extra weight. Spent 6 hrs on Sun and 2 hrs Sat, clearing neighbors driveways. Used the FEL, 60" bucket, dipping it as I went through. Would have loved to of had a 3pt snowblower, but, I was told that low reverse is still too fast and that there tends to be alot of clutch ride.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Great pics bczoom Thanks , The comparison to the Picnic table perty much tells the story , Lots of You folks got hit perty hard & it aint over yet .

We,ve had nothing near that bad here . Around 7 to 8 inches last week . Biggest problem was the winds & drifting . I just use the loader bucket to push & pile it , When it gets to big of a pile I,ll use the box blade to shove it back some .

Its been snowing perty good here since Sunday morning , But the temps make it hard to tell how much we got as its above freezing . But I,m only guessing around 6 inches or less . I,ve never seen this wet or heavy of a snow myself .

I dont really need to move the snow this time out . But Our Ice storm damaged trees from a few years ago I,m concerned with because they are so heavy & not in the best of shape . So with the winds were having in the last few hours is My main concern , as There hanging right over the house & outbuildings . Kind of perty though . Heres a few pics from earlly this morning . everyone stay safe . Bob :tiphat:

Attachments

• P2070012.JPG
    P2070012.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 546
  • P2070011.JPG
    P2070011.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 564
  • P2070010.JPG
    P2070010.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 566
  • P2070009.JPG
    P2070009.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 572
  • P2070006.JPG
    P2070006.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 580
  • P2070005.JPG
    P2070005.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 575
  • P2070002.JPG
    P2070002.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 592

jwstewar

Staff member
I used (or will use as the case may be) solar energy to clear mine. We had so much rain on Friday and then so little snow on Saturday that I didn't even bother to clear it. Maybe I jinxed myself though. I still had Christmas decorations in the loader from where I took them down. I went out and put them away. Put air in my 3 tires that are leaking (note to self: have to get these taken care of) and plugged the block heater in. We didn't even have 2" on the ground. Maybe the storm tomorrow will give us enough so that I can clear some.

B

bczoom

Bump!

Since many of us are going to get hit with another storm, how about we make it a point to snap some pics of our snow removal equipment in action? Well, maybe not in real-action since you may hop off of it to take the picture but you get the idea...

DK35vince

Pics from todays plowing.

Attachments

• HPIM0825.JPG
    HPIM0825.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 536
  • HPIM0848.JPG
    HPIM0848.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 531
Last edited:
M

muleman

We have only gotten about 5 inches up here. All the storms stall out and turn east this year. I only did a little bit yesterday as the wind was just swirling it everywhere. May get the skid steer out today and clear away from the house.

Attachments

• snow pics 017.jpg
    snow pics 017.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 547

Blueone

Like This

Old truck plow mounted in bucket w/2 pins into a bracket from the truck plow mount.

Attachments

• CIMG0045.JPG
    CIMG0045.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 498
  • CIMG0078.JPG
    CIMG0078.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 467
  • CIMG0082.JPG
    CIMG0082.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 451
  • DSCF1962 (Small).JPG
    DSCF1962 (Small).JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 472

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics BlueOne. I see where you name comes from now. :yum: At first I thought it might be because you are near (or in) the Blue Ridge Mountains.

You guys sure got a lot more snow than we did. We skirted the edge and didn't get 10 inches all told.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Does the blade toss the front sideways very much being that for out front?

I have a 54" blade with a tractor mount that I bought at auction for $8. I could imagine hooking it up just like you did. Is there anyway you could snap a few closer pics of the pins connection inside the bucket? When you get time. I would love to see them.