Are seats interchangeable by year?

JohnnyRobb

He guys,
I bought a used 2004 model with very low hours. Everything is great with this machine minus a little surface rust in the corners and the seat. Unit was stored outside but covered, I think the elements dried out the seat and it was cracking pretty bad. Got a bottom seat off ebay that looks slightly different than the original but bolted up and went on easy. Does anyone know if the seats interchange from one year to the next?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Johnny, Welcome to Net tractor talk.
Congrats on the new to you RTV. You are going to love it. I started out with a new to me 06 RTV 900 and it served me well for years till I upgraded to an 09 RTV 1140 last summer.

The earlier year models appear to have the same seats. I think it was 2010 or 2011 that they changed the seats, and they changed again when the x models came out. What I don't know is will the different seat designs work in an 04 RTV.

JohnnyRobb

Thanks Doc,
I am looking forward to getting to work with my “new” toy. Just bought a farm that needs a bit of TLC. I wanted to get something that can work as hard as I used to be able to, so I bought one with a little over 100 hours but looks seasoned from the sun and elements. Any common issues that I should be looking out for?

Attachments

• A2E071D6-1D6D-4FED-8AEF-43EF42DF98A1.jpg
    A2E071D6-1D6D-4FED-8AEF-43EF42DF98A1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 67

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That seat looks better than mine ever did. Wow, just a little over 100 hours. That is like new. It will serve you well.
I'll let our more mechanically inclined members comment on things you might look out for.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Johnny:
Congrats on your "new" RTV .

You might want to change out all fluids and filters with Kubota OEM. That way you are off to a fresh start. By the way, our RTVs work best with Kubota fluids/filters. Others have tried to save a few bucks with auto/big box brands and have unfortunately had subpar performance. Don't know why but these machines like the top shelf drinks.

By the way... Welcome to the Forum.b

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome ! The seat on my 2011 and it's back rest is different than the seat and backrest on the 2005. The 2011 has a wider backrest and the seat is scalloped like your new one with a slight indent in the center rear for the seat belts. The bad thing about the contoured bottom is that it will hold water during a rain. I don't know about other models but that seat cover are listed as to fitting certain years up to 2010- hard to find for the 2011 and 12?. bordercollie