simba-046.jpg

simba-040.jpg

simba-054.jpg

simba-057.jpg

simba-070.jpg

simba-099_2.jpg

simba-140.jpg

ghautz

Impressive machine. I see a Caterpillar emblem. Is the tractor made by Cat, or does the emblem just indicate a Caterpillar engine?

borissov

Impressive machine. I see a Caterpillar emblem. Is the tractor made by Cat, or does the emblem just indicate a Caterpillar engine?

Yes, all Challenger tractors are equiped with CAT engines.

The newest model in the range, the MT875B uses the new “clean” Cat C18 ACERT engine - the largest displacement agricultural tractor engine on the market – to provide a staggering 570 hp (424 kW)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, good pics. Impressive for sure. Thanks for posting them.
I hope you will share more things from your side of the world with us. :thumb:
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk! :D :tiphat:

borissov

Wow, good pics. Impressive for sure. Thanks for posting them.
I hope you will share more things from your side of the world with us. :thumb:
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk! :D :tiphat:

Thank you !

Be sure, I will show many other pictures on agriculture thematics from Bulgaria. I have my own picture archive with tractors and farming / more than 7000 photos/

:)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very nice looking site. What language is that in?

N

Nicahawk

Welcome borissov......:tiphat: glade you signed on. Good people here! :respect:

Liked your pictures and look forward to more.
icon7.gif

Klumpe

I'm not trying to be a thread necromancer, but I just came across this thread today. I used to work for the company that produces the tracks and undercarriage for those tractors. More specifically the plant I worked in produced the tracks, idler wheel(front), midrollers(middle) and large drivers(rear) that are on it.

Those tracks are built on a giant collaspeable mandrel, assembled much like a rubber tire with layers of rubber and cable built into them and then cured in a Hydroclave that is just a giant pressure cooker. One of my jobs at Camoplast was to run the hydroclave and then disassemble the mandrel to pull the belts off of them with what looked like a giant claw, from one of those claw games. Then I had to inspect them, make corrections, and then suitcase them so that they could be shipped. The belts that are made for those tractors are a pain in the butt to suitcase because of their narrow guideblocks. When the suitcase arms come into to fold the belt together you have to match up the guideblocks so they rest against each other. The problem is that they have about a 2 inch surface area to go against each other and if they are a narrow belt...they can get a little squirrelly.

It looks like those are either 28" or 30" wide tracks, which were relatively easy to suitcase. Camoplast makes up to a 36" wide track, but most of those go to different manufacturers. They produce belts for Cat, John Deere, Agco, Case IH, CNH, ATI, and a variety of others including those for construction and military.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Interesting.

1st off, you made me look up necromancer
You made me laugh .....Here's a couple of what I found:

The practice of supposedly communicating with the spirits of the dead in order to predict the future.

Early necromancy is likely related to shamanism, which calls upon spirits such as the ghosts of ancestors. Classical necromancers addressed the dead in "a mixture of high-pitch squeaking and low droning", comparable to the trance-state mutterings of shamans.

Okay, I get it. Let me tell you a little something about me and my forums. I can cut down on the size of my database by only showing threads back to any particular date I choose. Maybe someday I'll do that, but as long as you can find and view it on here, it's okay to post to old threads. That's why they are there. Spamming old threads would be another matter all together ....but we ban spammers right off. Anytime you have a comment on something, even if the thread is old ...feel free to comment and bring it to the attention of all our new users. No problem. :thumb: :D

Klumpe

Thanks Doc, good to know. On my car forum, we try to post in threads that are at no older than a year from last being posted in. I haven't been around on this forum long enough to know the general culture and morales.

With that being said, I could talk anyone's ear off about these tracks. In my opinion the Camoplast tracks are superior to the one's from competators such as Goodyear. They've proven themselves not only in R&D but out in the field where it really matters.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The tracks sound impressive for sure. :thumb: Way kewl.

What is your car forum? Want to trade links with my car forum? Net Car Stop

Klumpe

When I say my car forum, I mean the one I visit. I wish I owned it, but that is not the case. I'm just a long time member of fullthrottlev6.com, it started out as a GM v6 only site and for the most part is but we have branched out to Ford v6 as well. The site tried to included Chrysler/Dodge v6's, but we only had a few members and they haven't posted in a couple of years.