Wotcha !

joncowcare

Hi everyone,
I was in Admin Zone forums and saw this link, followed it and wow ! Just the site I've been looking for !
I sat in my first tractor at 9 [a grey Fergie] and was driving them at 13.
I am a herdsman primarily but have done plenty of tractor work.
I've worked on 300+ cow dairy herds to 1200 acre arable farms all over Europe but am based in the UK now.
Following an accident [crushed by a cow] I am now semi-disabled and unable to do the work I used to and loved. [40 years experience !]
I don't half miss the smell of silage, muck, oil, fuel and all the other smells of a farm.
I'm a keen and certified welder, MIG/TIG/Gas/Arc and have plenty of other useful skills/qualifications.
I'm so glad to have found this site as most people I know start yawning when I go on about milking or ploughing.
I currently run a site for Nvu/KompoZer [WYSIWYG editors to build your own website without having to know html, etc]
Well, that's your lot, hope to get to know you all in time !
Jon :smile:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Jon,
I've used Nvu some, it's really easy to do what you want it to.

Mark777

Welcome from me too Jon,

Sounds like you have much to bring to the table....admire a guy who can share stories, tractors and weld projects.

We have a few cows from where I'm located...but they're more for eatin' then milkin' :).

Mark

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Jon,
That was me on TAZ. I'm glad you followed the link and joined up. Tractor experience and techie talk good combination. You'll be a huge plus here. Looking forward to getting to know you better.
Thanks,
Doc

jwstewar

Staff member
Welcome aboard Jon. We are just a bunch of laid back guys having a good time learning and sharing about tractors.

joncowcare

Thanks everyone, especially Doc, whose link led me here originally !
It's nice to get a warm welcome from fellow enthusiasts, I look forwards to some lively little talks.
See you all soon !
Jon

joncowcare

Ooops . . .
Sorry Mith, nearly forgot you !
I'm currently based in London where I'm caring for a sick friend [he's just had a hip operation] but was born and raised in Cheshire.
Whereabouts in the south are you ?
I've done a fair bit of work down there, Bedford and further down.
Cheers,
Jon

Big D

Welcome to the group. I have only been a member for about a month now but i have gained a lot if information from these guys. You will not find a better bunch. I am fairly new to the tractor side of life but love it. I reciently purchased a new holland but the first tractor i bought was a 1955 TO-35 Ferguson. I still have it and it is a great running tractor. Do you remember what kind yours was? Anyway glad to have you in the group.

Mith

Jon, I'm near Basingstoke in Hampshire. I have family near Crewe in Cheshire too. Seems alot of tractor people are from Cheshire. I might find myself moving up that way soon.

joncowcare

Crewe ? Small world, I used to work around Nantwich and relief-milk at Reaseheath Agric College where I also went as a student [NCA]
I wonder if they know the Proudloves [Baddiley and Faddiley] or any of the Lathams ?
There's some real nice land out that way but with prices to match !
They probably know the Nantwich Show real well too ?!
Hi Big D,
thanks for the welcome ! My first was a grey Fergie and I remember he had another kept for scrap which I was made to strip down and put back until I could do it in my sleep.
There's something about the old Fergies that has a place in most tractor mens hearts.
Jon

Mith

Yup, they live in Nantwich, right near the station. Been past Reeseheath a fair few times, infact I was thinking about going there to do a degree course.