Hello from KY

:tiphat:
Farmwithjunk,
I can see that Mrs. FMJ has her hands full with you.:pat:
Just as Dougster's GF has her hands full with him.:pat:
hugs, Brandi

Married WAY over my head. Got me a live wire! She might have ahold of one with me, but I still think I got the best end of this deal. :respect: 40 years of marriage and it's still NEVER boring around here!:tiphat:

GreenMtns

What I am really trying to say Al, is that I sold my cow, so I don't need your bull.:moon3::5boobs::moon3: Now, tomorrow, I will be thinking about y'all up there as I dig in the dirt with the Big RED Beast while y'all comtemplate how to stop the rust under y'alls cars caused by all the road salt y'all use to melt all the snow and ice y'all live for up there. .....and I am sure somehow, Dougster was in on this nonsense.
Help Dougster help! :yum: :yum:
Jump right in any time. I think I may be a little trouble here. :badidea:

It's time to come to the defense of the New Englanders. Any time, any time. :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

Brandi :sorry::sorry::sorry:

GreenMtns

So you will have to build your log house here in the Great Northeast. Dougster will plow your driveway and drink :starbucks: all day.

You will become an honorary New Englander.

Junk will loose a Southerner
Junk

I'm in real deep here. Making apologies to everyone I can think of. :hide:

Waiting for Dougster to come to the rescue.

No sign of him yet. Waiting :waiting:waiting :waiting:

Dougster

Old Member
.....and I am sure somehow, Dougster was in on this nonsense.
hugs, Brandi
Oh brother!!! :pat: Why can't I ever win???
Help Dougster help! :yum:
Jump right in any time. I think I may be a little trouble here. :badidea:
It's time to come to the defense of the New Englanders. Any time, any time. :waiting:

Brandi :sorry:
:nuke: INCOMING!!!!!!!! :nuke: :hide:
Junk I'm in real deep here. Making apologies to everyone I can think of. :hide: Waiting for Dougster to come to the rescue. No sign of him yet. Waiting :waiting:waiting
It's every man for himself Al!!! :nuke: Run for the hills!!!

Dougster :starbucks:

jbrumberg

"She Who Must Be Obeyed" aka "Social Control Agent" telecommuted yesterday believing that I was in need of additional adult supervision :eek: so I was not checking in. What an amazing and amusing thread :thumb: . It covers just about everything sacred. I think I saw that :gay:walking around in NoHo (Northampton, MA) the other day. He would not last long up in some of the hilltowns around here; in some other areas he would probably become a "nice" houseboy :whistle: . As a Yankee who has tasted and enjoyed some real fine real Southern Cookin' I can honestly state that I have, can, and do smoke a mean rib throughout the year; weather is just the weather when it comes to serious smokin' and BBQ'in:chef:. Like a lot of you old farts since I got sick I have become increasingly limited by doctors' orders as to what I should be doing and to a good degree I follow the doctors' orders pretty well (have to :eek: ). I have drawn a line in the sand when it comes to :starbucks: , a predinner martini (gin), and I still will :beer: within my "calorie count". I will admit that sometimes I have been influenced by 30 years of exposure to those bleeding heart, overzealous tree hugging, huggy, new age colleagues of mine :eek: , but where I came from (Williamsport, PA) we did talk and think funny (and strangely) and I tasted some pretty potent "shine" down there. As to "greatness"- every night before I go to sleep I tell myself "They always mocked and laughed at the "great ones" .:yum: :yum: Jay :letitsnow:

PS: Please excuse any typos- I have this electronic monitoring thingy hanging off my finger.

Junk

I'm in real deep here. Making apologies to everyone I can think of. :hide:

Waiting for Dougster to come to the rescue.

No sign of him yet. Waiting :waiting:waiting :waiting:

Ol Dougster's sorta like a visit from an IRS agent. You KNOW it's coming eventually, but so long as he ain't here, LET'S ALL HAVE A GOOD TIME:yum: :yum: :yum:

A LOVERLY day here in the Bluegrass state. Mid 30's, raining, slight threat of snow/sleet/ice, cloudy, dreary, and IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

jbrumberg

Dougster has weekend plans with GF. He's probably too preoccupied with :starbucks: and his "plans" :wink: to deal with the likes of us :rolleyes: . Interesting weather in the US of A today, but I will spare everyone the details (for once). As to the Ol' Dougster although he may tarry... he will come :). Jay :letitsnow:

Dougster

Old Member
Ol Dougster's sorta like a visit from an IRS agent. You KNOW it's coming eventually, but so long as he ain't here, LET'S ALL HAVE A GOOD TIME:yum: A LOVERLY day here in the Bluegrass state. Mid 30's, raining, slight threat of snow/sleet/ice, cloudy, dreary, and IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
Dougster has weekend plans with GF. He's probably too preoccupied with :starbucks: and his "plans" :wink: to deal with the likes of us :rolleyes: . Interesting weather in the US of A today, but I will spare everyone the details (for once). As to the Ol' Dougster although he may tarry... he will come :). Jay :letitsnow:
Now I know that some of you think that I live on this computer except for those quick trip to Starbucks lately... but the fact is that I do have a real life, such as it is, and a real business or two to run... even if neither wants to show a profit. In fact, much of my time, this week and last, is being taken up with endless accounting, tax preparation, advertising buys, equipment plans and a couple new "strategic business relationships" under consideration for the coming digging season. Also had some computer repair calls this week, although one constituted my first ever failure to fix a home networking problem and the notion of that first failure has been driving me up the damn wall. :( Am I getting even older and fuzzier... or did Bill Gates make networking a Vista machine to an XP machine printer dang near imposssible??? :eek:

Other than that, I made a new batch of gruel last night, got some new welding books as a gift from NTT Kansas Delegation member Nicahawk and life overall is pretty good! :)

Now I know that some of you think that I live on this computer except for those quick trip to Starbucks lately... but the fact is that I do have a real life, such as it is, and a real business or two to run... even if neither wants to show a profit. In fact, much of my time, this week and last, is being taken up with endless accounting, tax preparation, advertising buys, equipment plans and a couple new "strategic business relationships" under consideration for the coming digging season. Also had some computer repair calls this week, although one constituted my first ever failure to fix a home networking problem and the notion of that first failure has been driving me up the damn wall. :( Am I getting even older and fuzzier... or did Bill Gates make networking a Vista machine to an XP machine printer dang near imposssible??? :eek:

Other than that, I made a new batch of gruel last night, got some new welding books as a gift from NTT Kansas Delegation member Nicahawk and life overall is pretty good! :)

Not that I know much about the subject, but I'm hearing all sorts of horror stories relating to Vista. Several PC's at work had it installed a few months ago only to have it "un-installed" shortly after. Users couldn't quite master it.

I'm still mourning the fact that my old computer is no longer compatable with my home DSL service 'cause of Windows 95 being obsolete. :pat: It wouldn't accept 2000, muchless XP. Hadda put it out to pasture 6 months ago.

Dougster

Old Member
Not that I know much about the subject, but I'm hearing all sorts of horror stories relating to Vista. Several PC's at work had it installed a few months ago only to have it "un-installed" shortly after. Users couldn't quite master it.

I'm still mourning the fact that my old computer is no longer compatable with my home DSL service 'cause of Windows 95 being obsolete. :pat: It wouldn't accept 2000, muchless XP. Hadda put it out to pasture 6 months ago.
From the casual end user's perspective, there really isn't all that much difference between XP and Vista. Everything you know and love is still there... more or less. Mr. Gates & Company just decided to move things around a bit and make things more fancy & pretty. Some things became more logical and some things a little less logical. The real problem comes from: a) The truly massive computing power necessary to run Vista effectively and, b) The changing of certain key default settings. There are the usual new bugs & teething issues, but that's common to all such upgrades.

As a computer repair guy, I am a bit torn. On the one hand, XP is a decent OS and I see little, if any, practical reason to upgrade. On the other hand, I need to stay "cutting edge" current and there is a lot of money to be made off people who did upgrade to Vista. With the latter point in mind, I will probably buy a new Vista machine soon just so I can duplicate in the shop problems that folks are experiencing out in the field... particularly with respect to cross-OS wireless networking.

Just to convince myself that I hadn't lost it, I set-up a new wireless XP home network for someone today in 4-1/2 minutes, including appropriate security and printer sharing. I had worked on that XP/Vista cross-OS home wireless network for 4-1/2 HOURS last week and got nowhere.

But I can't blame Bill Gates for everything. In that latter case, the problem including a machine that should never have been running Vista in the first place... and hideous 3rd party "comprehensive" PC security systems that should never be placed on any sane person's machine.

rback33

From the casual end user's perspective, there really isn't all that much difference between XP and Vista. Everything you know and love is still there... more or less. Mr. Gates & Company just decided to move things around a bit and make things more fancy & pretty. Some things became more logical and some things a little less logical. The real problem comes from: a) The truly massive computing power necessary to run Vista effectively and, b) The changing of certain key default settings. There are the usual new bugs & teething issues, but that's common to all such upgrades.

As a computer repair guy, I am a bit torn. On the one hand, XP is a decent OS and I see little, if any, practical reason to upgrade. On the other hand, I need to stay "cutting edge" current and there is a lot of money to be made off people who did upgrade to Vista. With the latter point in mind, I will probably buy a new Vista machine soon just so I can duplicate in the shop problems that folks are experiencing out in the field... particularly with respect to cross-OS wireless networking.

Just to convince myself that I hadn't lost it, I set-up a new wireless XP home network for someone today in 4-1/2 minutes, including appropriate security and printer sharing. I had worked on that XP/Vista cross-OS home wireless network for 4-1/2 HOURS last week and got nowhere.

But I can't blame Bill Gates for everything. In that latter case, the problem including a machine that should never have been running Vista in the first place... and hideous 3rd party "comprehensive" PC security systems that should never be placed on any sane person's machine.

Um.. did you say something?:yum::yum::hide:

Dougster

Old Member
Um.. did you say something?:yum::yum::hide:
Sorry... :sorry: ...but that "first ever failure" on the computer repair side of my strange little independent business world has taken over my brain and shaken my self-confidence to the core. :( Evidence of that fact is gonna come out in odd spurts and rants until I manage to get over it. Unfortunately, getting over it is gonna mean spending money (that is badly needed elsewhere) on a Vista machine for the shop so that this kind of failure never happens again. :eek:

Dougster

Old Member
Jeremy, I think the Dougster 'tis talking Greek again.:yum::yum::hide: However, I sure hope he finds some good land deals up on his walk about.:wink:
hugs, Brandi
More like talking "Geek" again... but I'm sure you would feel the same way if you were assigned and accepted a simple aircraft repair task that you'd done a hundred times before... and then found out that for some inexplicable reason you couldn't pull it off. :( It kinda shakes your self-confidence. :eek:

The old Dougster will definitely get through this temporary "geeky" funk... but it won't be cheap, quick or easy. :(

Dougster

Old Member
A lot of :starbucks: will get anyone out of a "Geeky Funk" :eek: . Works for me everytime :cool: . Jay :letitsnow:
Then THANK GOD I've got all them nifty Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee Gift cards!!! :thumb:
Truth is that I went straight to Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee to console myself after my "first ever" failure. :( It helped... but I still couldn't eat my gruel or sleep. :(

Maybe I need EVEN MORE intensive caffeine therapy and psychological counseling??? :eek: