Considering a new RTV 1100 or Polaris Ranger Diesel???

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
after having some 27' and a lift just so they wouldn't rub i went with 26"and took the lift out .you really don't gain2"with the lift and to me why put more strain on an engine that doesn'r need it .them 26" will go through anything them 26"will go through.ask a few members about their 26"589's they will tell you the 27's just ain't worth the effort and money to put into a lift kit .besides that any lift kit you put on your utv or 4 wheeler is gonna heat uo then cv boots and burn them up unless you run in mud and water 100% of the time.don't take my word for it ask a few members about their tires.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i just hate to see someone spend money on something that is not needed.just trying to save you a few (i told you so's) in the future.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have the lift kit and would prefer I didn't. Besides the reasoning Peanut gave, the raise in the center-of-gravity isn't nice when hauling lots of firewood in the PA hills. Not sure if it's pure pucker factor or its really happening but it definitely feels more tippy.

DocGP

One more echo of everyone else. I also have the 27.5" 589's, but no lift kit. They do add just a scootch more lift than the 26" tires, but I also think they put a bit more pull on the engine. I am already limited on top end, and can definitely tell when I put the OEM tires back on it. I don't rub very often, but very occasionally do hear a pop or two. It isn't worth selling them for my type riding, but I will definitely go back with 26's when it is time.

Just my .02
Doc

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I think the larger , heavier tires are also harder on the ujoints too. but that is MHO. I've had the 25s ,the 26s and the 27s.I've had to replace my rear ujoints 2 times . I do have 4000 hrs on it though. I'll keep the 26's- (589) and never go back. They do the job ,don't rub and I can get in some muddy situations.Do others with the added cab weight use tires with the weight ratings of the 589 and other aftermarkets? just curious- I remember how my xtr radials (27") squatted and I don't have the added weight of a cab.. bordercollie

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
stick with the 26's and scrap the lift kit take it from the guys who done the trial and error for you.spend that money on another gadget for your rtv .another thing is you could go with the itp589's ans save a bit of weight and just put a bottle of slime in each tire.i ran my itp 589's for 5 years and they still have over half the tread dept left when i sold them.the bigger the tire the more weight it has so if the tire and rim weighs lets sat 35lbs add another 15lbs to it or maybe more when they get clogged with mud.another thing is stay away from them delta rims they just have little holes and dont reallly clean out that good try going with a rim that has wide pen spoke s on them they wash out very easy.

something like thisyou can wash them out very easy and they don't hold the mud like other do there are cheaper ones out there just try to go with a wide open spoke rim if possible.

http://www.4atvtires.com/atvTires/showProduct.php?id=10129&cat_id=738

PA Jeep

OK sounds like 26's are the way to go. Does anyone have the front mud guards from Kubota? Are they something I should install on an 1100?

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i mean i make them sorry for the missplelling i'm a coonass what you spect.lmao.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i'm guessing he means boot guards ???if not i would like to see what mud guards look like.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
YES. We have the mud guards. They are SUPER.

Being we run our RTV in much the swamps down here during the hunting seasons. There
where alot of mud getting thrown and caked up under the bottom of the cab. As many know, that is the HARDEST damn place to clean.
To top it off, running 589 tires on it just increased the mud getting caked under the cab.
Make that investment. Think it was in the area of 25-35 $$$ >>>

When ours first came in, before installation. Traced both rubber flaps on cardboard, so just
in case on fell off or got tore off, I could make one myself. I have rubber material.
Comes with support bars .
The originals are still on as good as the day installed >>>>

..... Go ahead and get them !!!!

Attachments

• beef_strips.gif
    beef_strips.gif
    156.3 KB · Views: 221

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
if your looking for some good mud flap material go to the nearest office rug and inuform cleaning store .when the carpet starts to come off the floor mats they throw them out and you can go pick them up for free. with one floor mat you could make atleast 4 sets of mud flaps and thier made of pretty thick rubber.

PA Jeep

I picked up my 1100 on Thursday and have 11 hours already. Ordered a Warn M6000SDP portable winch and plan to install switched power to the front and back. I've installed the high intake, front mud guards and a new Jensen HD radio with weather band. Plan to install 4 Infinity 5.25 speaker in the ceiling and a two gun big sky rack over the weekend. So far the macine has been great. More power would be nice so M and H ranges could be used more. I've spoken to the folks at SWAG about a turbo. I'll probably buy and install one when the snow flys.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats again. Sounds like you're putting in all the good stuff.

herman48

I bought a brand new RTV1100 last summer and I am more than satisfied with it. I live in Alabama, and hunt on a lease where the trails are really bad (red clay). My Kubota has been doing great and I have not yet gotten stuck. The other ATV I own is an Argo 6x6, and the Kubota can do everything the Argo does--except swim.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I bought a brand new RTV1100 last summer and I am more than satisfied with it. I live in Alabama, and hunt on a lease where the trails are really bad (red clay). My Kubota has been doing great and I have not yet gotten stuck. The other ATV I own is an Argo 6x6, and the Kubota can do everything the Argo does--except swim.
Did you have to upgrade the tires do deal with the red clay?

Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. I'm glad you found us. :tiphat:

Mark.Sibole

I'm in Somerset and we get a bunch of snow also. I have a Bobcat for the snowplowing and a snowmobile for the deep stuff. Do you ever take the RTV on the trail or through the woods to pick up a deer. I'm concerned about ground clearance and weight.

Im here in Northern Michigan and we get butt crack deep in snow.I uae mine for plowing,Hunting collecting fire wood and many other things.
In 4wd you goot till about 14 inches of snow then it drags a bit but ive never had a problem.Ive hauled more deer out of the woods than I can think.Some up on hills some in valleys and have a climb either way.Ive also hauled more wood than you can imagine with it with no problems. Trails are ok so long as they are wide enouhg.In my opinion you cant go wrong with the Kubota at all.
If hunting and a lot of snow just add a few hundred pounds of ballast in the bed for traction.The difference with ballast and no ballast is night and day.With no ballast you can go and it feels like a quad runner. Add a few hundred pounds of balast and it feels like an army tank and im not afraid to go anyplace.
Ballast is the key!

herman48

Did you have to upgrade the tires do deal with the red clay?

Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. I'm glad you found us. :tiphat:

Thanks for the welcome. No, I have the heavy tread, ATV-style tires that Dixie (my Kubota) came with from the dealer's. But with red clay or gumbo it really doesn't matter: after a few feet you have such a build-up of muck on the tires that the tread doesn't even touch the ground--it's mud on mud. However, so far I have had to use the 4WD many times, but I haven't yet had to lock the rear differential. On that kind of mud you need to go as fast as possible, letting the centrifugal force fling the mud off the tires. Even with my Argo 6x6 with all 6 wheels pulling together (like three locked differentials) it's really difficult to keep the vehicle from slipping and sliding. The main reason I bought the Kubota although the Argo was doing really well in that muck is the enclosed cab. Here you get damp cold in winter and suffocating heat in summer. In the Argo I either froze or boiled to death. And when it rains hard as it does here (you can get an inch of rain in 10 minutes), the Argo is like a bathtub and fills up with water. It does have an electric pump, but you still have to take out the drain plugs (not easy) and go up a ramp to drain all the water left by the pump. And, believe it or not, even an Argo can get stuck. Last winter the Argo got high-centered in ruts left by a pickup that were invisible under a flooded spot. That's what winches are for, and that's how I got the Argo out. The first accessory I had the dealer mount on the Kubota was a winch. I wouldn't go anywhere without one. When I was in Kodiak, Alaska, there were not many trees where I went duck hunting or fishing with the Argo, so I carried a Danforth anchor and a foldable shovel. When you get stuck in mud and have no trees within reach of the cable and tow ropes (I always carry 2), dig a hole in the mud, bury the anchor secured to the cable and the tow ropes (the anchor must be pretty far from the vehicle or it would pull right out of the mud) and winch yourself out. The Danforth works much better than that metal post that many carry for the same purpose and it's easier to pull out of the ground with the winch when you pull vertically, with the winch right on top of the anchor.
So far I haven't had to winch the Kubota out of the mud--but I am prepared in case it happens.
Another reason why I got a Kubota, which is not fast but powerful, is that next year I will purchase a 500-lb. disc cultivator to prepare the feed plots. No 4-Wheeler would be able to pull that, and the little ATV-plows are too light to work properly.
The only negative aspect of the Kubota is the price. I got a good price
($20,000) that included winch, rearview mirror, turning and brake lights. But I saw an article in the American Hunter that mentions a price of almost $21,000. But I think it's worth the price, and I hear that it has very high resale value.

Mark.Sibole

Just in time for this thread.Heres one I dropped tonight.Notice the kubota getting ready to haul her out
nov30-2014.jpg