Think we A'skert 'em off????

:pat: WHEW! Anyone a'sides me notice how the LONGEST threads on here are the "Hi, I'm new here" introductions? And has anyone a'sides yers trooly noticed how many of the newbies run and hide once we sidetrack their threads?

Oh well, I suppose there's no better way to be introduced than to be thrown to the wolves on post #1:yum:

You'd expect this sort of rowdy behavior from a bunch of YANKEE's, but please excuse us PROPER, well mannered SOUTHERNERS for participating in this sort of silliness. We NEVER behave like THIS at home:rolleyes: .:sorry:

YEAH RIGHT.....!!!!

jbrumberg

I think we may scare a few of them off by our "diversity" :eek: , but if they hang in here long enough they will realize that we are all in this thing together regardless of region :respect:. Besides for some of us at our age this is a new way of getting rowdy :rolleyes: maybe the only way :pat: . Jay:letitsnow:

rback33

I think we may scare a few of them off by our "diversity" :eek: , but if they hang in here long enough they will realize that we are all in this thing together regardless of region :respect:. Besides for some of us at our age this is a new way of getting rowdy :rolleyes: maybe the only way :pat: . Jay:letitsnow:

I hate to say it Jay, but I am afraid you are right. My wife thinks it's very strange the way I talk about you forum guys as if you are my neighbors and we will be watching the Super Bowl together on Sunday... A guy has to have a LITTLE fun though...:wink:

Dougster

Old Member
WHEW! Anyone a'sides me notice how the LONGEST threads on here are the "Hi, I'm new here" introductions? And has anyone a'sides yers trooly noticed how many of the newbies run and hide once we sidetrack their threads?

Oh well, I suppose there's no better way to be introduced than to be thrown to the wolves on post #1:yum:

You'd expect this sort of rowdy behavior from a bunch of YANKEE's, but please excuse us PROPER, well mannered SOUTHERNERS for participating in this sort of silliness. We NEVER behave like THIS at home:rolleyes: .:sorry:

YEAH RIGHT.....!!!!
I think we may scare a few of them off by our "diversity" :eek: , but if they hang in here long enough they will realize that we are all in this thing together regardless of region :respect:. Besides for some of us at our age this is a new way of getting rowdy maybe the only way :pat: . Jay
I hate to say it Jay, but I am afraid you are right. My wife thinks it's very strange the way I talk about you forum guys as if you are my neighbors and we will be watching the Super Bowl together on Sunday... A guy has to have a LITTLE fun though...:wink:
Been thinking the same thing and wondering which is the lesser evil:

A) Keep Intro posts down to a polite "Hello, welcome and please post pix" or

B) Let loose with a typical, rowdy, NTT "slap-on-the-back" welcome... complete with warnings about the various characters, geographical delegations, minor rivalries and other issues they are likely to encounter here... and see if we can get the person's Intro thread post count up over 100. :pat: Maybe even set a new record??? :beer:

Perhaps there is some middle ground we should shoot for... but it seems very hard to control. It kinda tips one way or the other very quickly. Hard to control once a thread gets on a roll. ;) Or, alternatively, dies from lack of interest or boredom.

Maybe the question is: Which would you rather have for your own intro thread? A quiet and polite Option A... or a rowdy out-of-control Option B??? Or that "in-between" Option C???

I know what my preference would be... but then again, I am gourmet caffeine crazy right now and under the care of my private psychological therapist. :D

Dougster :starbucks:

W

I hope no one takes my post SERIOUSLY:pat: I never thought of that possibility:yum: Actually, what better way for a newbie to blend in than with our very own version of the WELCOME WAGON!:starbucks: :tiphat: :smartass: :beer-fresh:

Not a doubt in my mind, had all of us moved into the same neighborhood, we'd all be in Dougsters back yard Sunday watching the SUPERBOWL. ('cause he probably wouldn't unlock the door to let us in the house:rolleyes: )

"course, since it's a couple'a Nue Englind sorta teams, 'stead of a REAL smashmouth southern style feetsball game, I'll prolly pass on this'n anyhow.:rolleyes: (sorry guys, just not a Bill Belichek/Patriots fan)

Dougster

Old Member
Not a doubt in my mind, had all of us moved into the same neighborhood, we'd all be in Dougsters back yard Sunday watching the SUPERBOWL. ('cause he probably wouldn't unlock the door to let us in the house :rolleyes: )
Oh Man!!! :eek: Ain't that the truth!!! :yum: My therapist and the other civilized Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee lovers get in... the rest of you tractor-ridin' thugs can swig down your beer and do up your B-B-Q in the back yard... a.k.a., Dougster Swamp! Just watch out for the alligator! :D You can pass the beer and B-B-Q through the window to us civilized folk! :tiphat:
"course, since it's a couple'a Nue Englind sorta teams, 'stead of a REAL smashmouth southern style feetsball game, I'll prolly pass on this'n anyhow.:rolleyes: (sorry guys, just not a Bill Belichek/Patriots fan)
Now what the heck you got against old BellyCheck! :rolleyes: Seems like the guy is a dang FOOTBALL GENIUS!!! :cool:

Just you wait until they rename the Vince Lombardi Trophy!!! :thumb: :yum:

Oh Man!!! :eek: Ain't that the truth!!! :yum: My therapist and the other civilized Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee lovers get in... the rest of you tractor-ridin' thugs can swig down your beer and do up your B-B-Q in the back yard... a.k.a., Dougster Swamp! Just watch out for the alligator! :D You can pass the beer and B-B-Q through the window to us civilized folk! :tiphat:

Now what the heck you got against old BellyCheck! :rolleyes: Seems like the guy is a dang FOOTBALL GENIUS!!! :cool:

Just you wait until they rename the Vince Lombardi Trophy!!! :thumb: :yum:

More'n likely, the gator'll be sundays main course. BBQed gator! Mmmm!

As for Belichek, got any friends in Cleveland? Ask them 'bout the guys "personality".

Oh, and I think Vince's name is kinda a permanent thing.

Dougster

Old Member
More'n likely, the gator'll be sundays main course. BBQed gator! Mmmm!

As for Belichek, got any friends in Cleveland? Ask them 'bout the guys "personality".

Oh, and I think Vince's name is kinda a permanent thing.
No sporting figure in a long time has impressed me with his or her great personality, personal life or character. These days, it is just about winning and money (not necessarily in that order). :rolleyes:

jbrumberg

I like smashmouth style play :bash: (I am a PSU graduate- 3 yards and a cloud of dust kind of person. PSU never recovered from switching from the Big East to the Big Ten. They were a good team in the early 70's if I remember correctly.). A lot of the "current" players are bunch of spoiled, whiney, overpayed cry baby psuedo-entertainers. :yuk: You never really hear about the real players :boxing: currently playing. I am dating myself but in the old days I remember the Giants playing some real smashmouth football. I do remember YA Tittle taking off his helmet once and bashing some Redskin over the head. I never knew he was bald/balding until then. I guess he was overly testosteroned. :yum: Jay :letitsnow:

rback33

I don't think we are scaring anyone off really. I obviously enjoy things the way they have been going. Maybe Doc can weigh in and give us his thoughts. I think the ones that want to be here and take part and post will do it in SPITE of us.. lol:yum:

jbrumberg

We are all like a "finer" cheese (which I am not supposed to eat :pat: )- we ripen with age :eek: . Once one gets past the first impression they may find that things are not that bad. Jay :letitsnow:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sure, I'll be happy to weigh in ...well not on those nasty lying scales, but i'll share my thought on whether we are scaring folks away. I had to laugh at Junks post. I agree with you all, it is our type of welcome wagon. Anyone joining probably waded through some of the posts before signing up. Maybe we are scaring them if their intro thread isn't as popular as some one elses ... just kidding there guys. It is what it is. This is our playground. I love talking tractor stuff, but I like some other stuff thrown in. I enjoy a good joke and the other stuff we get into. Starbucks on the other hand ...... :hide: :D :poke: :yum: (just kidding ya dougster!)

mobilus

You fellars didn't skeer me off. Heck, I really enjoyed the welcome. Then again, I spent all my adult life working with other USAF crew chiefs...and we eat our young. The strong ones re-enlist, the weak ones get out. :rolleyes: :fight: :beer:

Dougster

Old Member
Starbucks on the other hand ...... :hide: :D :poke: :yum: (just kidding ya dougster!)
It's okay Doc. Kinda like Scotch... it's an aquired taste! ;)

I find it interesting to take a look back at the recent intro threads and see where mongoose's ranks (in terms of total number of posts). Brandi's intro thread is still at number 1 with 147 replies. Jay's "New Member Pending" thread is at number 2 with 129 replies (for a member yet to appear... yes?). And mongoose is currently at number 3 with 128 replies. :)

That Loader Kid from Kansas (a.k.a., Jeremy) is 4th (and the last one with over 100 replies), Mud is 5th, Brenda from M-USA is 6th, Dan (workinallthetime) is 7th, Joe (colt77) is 8th, Mark from Texas (mobilus) is 9th and Lou in RI (green yanmar) rounds out the top 10! :D

I didn't even make the top 20!!! :eek:

rback33

I didn't even make the top 20!!! :eek:

LMAO yet you still have not taken the hint.:yum::yum::yum::yum:

I think Doc summed up what I was thinking very well. It's kinds "our thing" to do what we would do. This place would not be right without it and some may not come back as often because of it. Life and work in general can be really hectic and stressful and this and FF are kinda my "sane spots." If if it weren't for them, people might be dead and buried in the sand out behind the plant. :eek:

Dougster

Old Member
LMAO yet you still have not taken the hint.:yum::yum::yum::yum:
Cruel Jeremy Cruel!!! :eek: Like Dennis Kucinich in New Hampshire, maybe I should demand a recount! :thumb:

Suddenly... :( ... I don't feel quite as welcome anymore. :rolleyes:

Or maybe it's just "I.P.I." (Intro Post Inflation). As the number of members grows... each subsequent new member intro thread is bound to get longer and longer... right??? :D

Suddenly, I feel welcome again! :cool:

jbrumberg

Some of us thrive on abuse and rejection and we just keep coming back. I got more posts introducing a phantom than I did introducing myself which proves that the NTT membership has some standards :yum: . I wonder what happened to him. Was it Groucho Marx who said something to the effect- "I would not want to join an organizaton that would have me as a member."? Jay :letitsnow:

Dougster

Old Member
Some of us thrive on abuse and rejection and we just keep coming back. I got more posts introducing a phantom than I did introducing myself which proves that the NTT membership has some standards :yum: . I wonder what happened to him. Was it Groucho Marx who said something to the effect- "I would not want to join an organizaton that would have me as a member."? Jay :letitsnow:
I don't know Jay... but if your Phantom ever appears, I hope he takes the screen name "Phantom" and starts his own brand new Intro thread! :D Now that would be cool. :cool:

p.s., It all kinda reminds me of the infamous "Wes in Texas" Intro thread!!! :) -d

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Was it Groucho Marx who said something to the effect- "I would not want to join an organizaton that would have me as a member."? Jay :letitsnow:

Yep, that was Groucho. :yum: And he would say it in his own special way. Always funny.

What kind of name is that for a kid. Groucho, Harpo Zeppo and at least one other one that i can't remember.