RTV 900 front struts

12darrenk

I had a front strut break on my 08 RTV 900 and I'm having trouble tracking down struts for it. I can only find one dealer that even has some listed (out of stock), but I figure there should be some aftermarket struts somewhere. If anyone would know of any places for me to look that would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Darren

12darrenk

That's where I had looked. Just looked again and now they are in stock. Not really wanting to give them any money. Haven't had good experience working with them before. I was hoping to find an aftermarket option that would be cheaper and better.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Unusual to not have a good experience with them. Many here use them and all seem to be happy.
I had a pair. Let me run out to the building to see if I still have them.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Never anything but GOOD experiences with Messicks. Shipping can be less expensive if you ask, or if you have your local Kubota dealer order during their regular requisitions instead of special order.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It might have been just a misunderstanding or a bad day for someone there. I have days that push me here on the farm whether its something I'm worried about in life or being under a lot of stress /pressure for days that never seem to end.
My bil called them about drain plugs for the diesel and chain drive reservoirs on our Case skid steer. The parts book said the plugs were a different size than we measured ours. The parts desk guy went in the back and measured them to make sure they were what we needed. Messick's plugs were the same size we measured on ours, ... our parts book and theirs had the wrong size listed. We are down in Mississippi but order from them because it's so easy .. and safe compared to going to a store on the other side of Jackson.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
..... We are down in Mississippi but order from them because it's so easy .. and safe compared to going to a store on the other side of Jackson.

I’m wondering if I’m understanding what you’re saying there about Jackson.
About ten years ago my wife and I landed our small plane there at Hawkins Field and borrowed the lineman’s small PU truck to go grab a bite. He gave explicit directions on how to get to a Denny’s for lunch and we followed the directions exactly.
But after eating I couldn’t easily recall the reverse-directions so I looked at a crude map on the back of a magazine and found our way back via a MUCH shorter route... which took us through very poor, Black neighborhoods... Those folks watched us drive thru their neighborhoods like we were from another planet.
When we got back to the airport and parked the man’s little PU I walked around the back to open my wife’s door for her .... and discovered the back of the pickup was FULL of bundled yet-to-be-distributed KKK news-papers.... and the rear bumper had all kinds of derogatory bumper stickers. I felt lucky to be alive having driven thru those neighborhoods in that truck!
Yep.... MS is a different kind of place... if that’s what you meant, bordercollie! :drive2:

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Glad to see it, bordercollie.
I was very disappointed to see that world still existed.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Some people still believe what they hear from the media and don't research... Mississippi is not backwards anymore.. My neighbor farmers kids (teenagers then) transferred to a school where people had no idea about things but believed everything they had heard on tv.. A kid asked what color their cotton pickers were and he answered truthfully that the were green. (as in JD green) She spouted off that he was a smart azz. She had been taught that thought though.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Some people still believe what they hear from the media and don't research... Mississippi is not backwards anymore.. My neighbor farmers kids (teenagers then) transferred to a school where people had no idea about things but believed everything they had heard on tv.. A kid asked what color their cotton pickers were and he answered truthfully that the were green. (as in JD green) She spouted off that he was a smart azz. She had been taught that thought though.

collie
i had to read this several times before i got it. for the life of me i couldn't figure out what was wrong with green cotton pickers!! i thought maybe there was prejudice against John Deere :pat:

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter

Well, ...it was only LAST month they finally decided to remove the confederate flag from the MS state flag.... :rolleyes:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'm sorry this got off subject 12darrenk. I wish you the best and hope you find a good dealer that you feel comfortable with. I had the same experience that you evidently had with my local dealer (just 15 miles away) also . Nice dealer 50 miles away that takes a check without looking at it. collie