Front Versus Rear Receivers RTV-X1120

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Two years ago, I purchased a Warn winch package that included wiring to install a connection front and back, the winch itself and a cradle that holds the winch and is designed to slide into the front and back receivers.

I just recently job far enough down in my job pile to install it. First step was to test the cradle in the receivers. The back one was perfect. The front one's hitch channel was not long enough to line up with the pin hole in the front receiver. Does anyone know why this would be different?

Since it is what it is, the fix will probably be to cut the factory weld on the hitch channel and move it so it lines up with the pin hole. Its off by about 5/8". But that is a little less of the hitch channel welded to the cradle.

The other option is to replace the too short hitch channel with a new one that is plenty long. I could probably drill a new hole but it is so close to the end of the hitch channel, it could tear it if used at the 4000lb limit.

Anyone had experience with this? Any other suggestions?

Thanks as always.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i can't speak specifically for the x1120 but on my X1100C my receiver fits front and rear the same. maybe the mfg of yours has different specs???? maybe???

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
How did it work out? My RTV had the same problem. I cut the necessary amount off of the slide in 2" hitch piece. I was fortunate to have access to a chop saw so it only took a few seconds.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Not fixed yet. But it appears I need to cut the welds on the cradle, move the hitch channel about one inch toward the bumper and reweld. The alternative would be to buy a new longer section and weld it into place, once I am sure the pin hole lines up.

glennm

How did it work out? My RTV had the same problem. I cut the necessary amount off of the slide in 2" hitch piece. I was fortunate to have access to a chop saw so it only took a few seconds.

^^^^. this is what I did, very easy, I have two hitches, one in each receiver.

glennm

I find the front hitch very easy for moving trailers in and out of the barn and garage, but, it hurts when you walk into it! ��