RTVX-1100c Windshield tilt option

Hi, didn't Kubota sell a tilting kit for the front windshield with the cab? The top seems to have two hinges and I can see mounts inside the cab but there is no hardware. The dealer didn't know anything.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i have both models. the x1100C and the 1100cw have exactly the same cab frame as far as i can tell. the older model 1100cw has the tilt windshield. if you order the parts for an 1100cw they should bolt onto your X1100c and then your windshield will tilt. i have not confirmed this to be exactly true but have measured both models side by side.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Could you post pictures (details please) of the tilting windshield?
Thx

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
That’s not what I wanted. I wanted to see the hinges/latches up-close if possible for potential conversion of my fixed WS.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for the reply. I don’t think anything short of pics would be helpful to convert mine. I’ll make a point of dropping by a dealer.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
there are hinges at the top a gas strut on both sides about half way up and two levers that cam lock the bottom of the windshield. the gas struts limit the opening to about 4 inches. the previous model 1100 had doors with fixed windows so if you wanted fresh air you could open the windshield and then there was a device on the drivers door latch that would hold it open about 4 inches for cross flow. the doors were made of heavy plastic and were easy to remove so i think KTC intended for the doors to come off so the 1100 would be more like an open station 900.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
This should link you to Messicks front glass parts page for the 1100cw. If it doesn't then go to them and give them your email address to get the parts list and diagram. It shows all the swing open hardware.

If Kubota offered a kit there should be a part number somewhere. I'm doubtful they would as it would probably need to include new glass drilled for the hardware to attach through. Pricey! So i'd guess they would just let one order parts.

https://www.messicks.com/ku/86208?sectionId=227889&diagramId=446834

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
This should link you to Messicks front glass parts page for the 1100cw. If it doesn't then go to them and give them your email address to get the parts list and diagram. It shows all the swing open hardware.

If Kubota offered a kit there should be a part number somewhere. I'm doubtful they would as it would probably need to include new glass drilled for the hardware to attach through. Pricey! So i'd guess they would just let one order parts.

https://www.messicks.com/ku/86208?sectionId=227889&diagramId=446834

i don't know how much applies to newer models of the X1100C but on my 2014 model the holes are in the glass and all of the weldaments are in the frame of the cab. i could order the parts and convert it easy. but like i said i don't know if the newer models still have all of the weldaments on the cab frame or not.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
geohorn if you will PM me a phone number that i can send pics to then i can take pics of the two models side by side so you can compare. then maybe you can post the pics here??

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
@%^^%$##@^%^@!@ ... I wrote a long response thanking Aurthuritis and attempting to post those many pics.... and just then the $^#^#&^#&^ internet decided to drop it.... It just wasted almost a half-hour of my time. I ain’t. Goin thru that again!

GRRRR.... (But THANK you!)