1140 trans oil

Frankenkubota

Whoops!

Just changed hydraulic fluid in front tank, filter, both trans filters and drained trans fluid. Trans is empty with 2 new. Filters.

I forgot to put the bed up. Mine has a very heavy steel like pipe fitters bed. Very handy but I ain’t moving it with out hydraulics.

Can I quickly start engine and put bed up, maybe 3-4 seconds? With out breaking anything?

Thx

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Does your float option still work on the hydraulic handle in the cab (how you operate the bed)? Push the arm all the way down as if you're lowering the bed and hold the handle down. Then push pretty hard down on the handle, maybe with a quick snap. The handle should snap a bit going past a detent then stay there. Once in that position, you're in "float mode" and can lift your bed.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Whoops!

Just changed hydraulic fluid in front tank, filter, both trans filters and drained trans fluid. Trans is empty with 2 new. Filters.

I forgot to put the bed up. Mine has a very heavy steel like pipe fitters bed. Very handy but I ain’t moving it with out hydraulics.

Can I quickly start engine and put bed up, maybe 3-4 seconds? With out breaking anything?

Thx

the short answer to your question is NO. you will have to lift the bed some other way by placing the lever in float and manually lifting the bed. don't forget to block it up for safety.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
WAIT A MINUTE!!! i re read your post. is it the gear case that is dry? and you refilled the hydrostat? if it is just the gearcase then you should be able to start it and lift the bed. they are two separate compartments. DO NOT run the hydrostat without oil.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
If you put it in float, and use a jack to get it up a bit, Block it and keep stepping up a bit at a time with the jack and more blocks, you might could get it high enough to add the oil . Just be sure to use good sturdy blocks as you build upwards.