Kubota B4200D repairs

2old2shovel

I am still using the B4200D that belongs to a friend as I mentioned in an earlier post. In return for letting me use it I would like to repair a few issues it has. I can’t seem to find any information on the thing. Is it known by another name or something? I Google Kubota B4200D and can’t find any service or owner’s manuals. I do a search on this site and nothing comes up.
There are things I need to know such as maintenance procedures like hydraulic oil levels and type, gear box lubricants, adjustments, a part’s list, etc.
Right now I have the left front drive hub apart because someone had broken off a wheel stud and “improvised”. As a result, two other studs stripped causing the wheel to loosen up and enlarged the bolt holes in the wheel to grow the size and shape of eggs. I have no problem replacing the studs and reassembling but what kind of oil do I put back in. And where can I get a wheel?
The bucket control lever has a worn out bushing on the bottom and I’d like to fix that.
Well, I could go on and on but what I need is a source of information and parts for this thing. I’m guessing it is about 25 years old.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2old2shovel

LOL! You found what I found exactly. The second one is some sort of scam. What you download is a description of what you will down load after payment.
The first one wants my email address. Generally speaking, the only reason companies want your email address is so they can send you stuff....LOTS of stuff.
The third one doesn't have anything specific to this machine.
I was going to surprise the guy with the repairs to his machine but I might have to ask him if he has anything on it and ruin the surprise. That or a dealer.
Thanks for the fast reply.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The first site (Messick's) won't do that. They need your e-mail as that's how they're going to send the manual(s) you request. They're really good folks (and sponsor this forum). I'd go with them.

2old2shovel

Took your word for it

The first site (Messick's) won't do that. They need your e-mail as that's how they're going to send the manual(s) you request. They're really good folks (and sponsor this forum). I'd go with them.
I took your word for it. I got a lot of info from them. I also found a couple of parts I need so I will be placing an order. Thanks!