CK20S Hydraulic Issues

jbudik

New to the forum and fairly new to tractors. I will appreciate any advise given. I have 80 hours on my CK20S. Recently, when I park the tractor for the day with the bucket edge flat on the floor, the next morning the bucket has rolled with the bucket lip pointing up. I have also been noticing a little "give" or play when I lower the bucket to the ground. I have not, however, experienced the bucket lower, while loaded and running. When I parked today, I left the bucket off the floor about 3 inches and looked at it 30 mins later and it was on the floor. Have I got and issue or is this normal. If not normal, what valve might be failing?

Thanks
Jbudik

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

Unless you buy construction equipment at 10x the price, I consider this normal. Bleed down on loaders is quite common (and my Deere does it). It should not go down when the tractor is running but once shut off, it'll do that. Just don't put anything below it. For safety's sake (as I have kids), I always put the loader and any 3-point attachment to the ground before I shut it off.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Jbudik! :wave: Welcome to our internet tractor forums. :tiphat: I'm glad you found us.

For it to drop down in 1/2 hour seems a little quick to me, but like BC said they all bleed down when left like that. I do mine a little different than bc, I turn my tractor off and then move my FEL control lever in all directions to relieve pressure all the way around, plus I drop my 3ph to relieve pressure on it. No sense leaving the hydraulics under pressure if I can avoid it. I 'hope' that will extend the life of my hydraulics over all and maybe prevent a hydro leak or two.

urednecku

I'm with Doc.
On occasion, but seldom, like if I stop to talk to somebody for a few min, I'll shut down with bucket & 3pt up, but if I'm getting off will usually take pressure off after shutting down. But on the occasion, I don't remember my bucket lowering. YET. I have 600 hours on a Kubota M7040.
With only 80 hours I think I'd check with your dealer, just to make sure.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Actually, I do the technique Doc mentioned but didn't type it out as my technique. I was just trying to get the point across to lower the equipment and relieve the pressure.