Advice for new buyer

gripweed

Hi all
I must first of all say that I am a new tractor buyer and have no experience in this area. But basically we have bought some land and I need a tractor and am fairly knowledgeable (I think) about what I need to maintain the place we have bought. I am in Australia (north coast NSW) and I am basically tossing up between a Kubota L4400 and the Daedong DS5410. From what I gather pretty similar machines except for the price. I had been pretty much ready to go with the Kubota until I spoke with a dealer about the Daedong. Bottom line is that there is a $7000 price difference with the Daedong providing more accessories such as slashing deck, blade a couple of other things. I have read mostly good things about the Daedong/Kioti brand and am thinking of the $7000 I can have in my pocket.

I suppose that my question is that for the money, would I be as satisfied with the Daedong as the Kubota....and reading back on this I realise that this is so vague as to be stupid. What I want is trouble free motoring as far as I can manage it. I am also prepared to pay for it so the Kubota is something I would be prepared to pay for as I think that their reputation speaks for itself. Its just that the Daedong has been presented as a possibility at the eleventh hour for me and I am trying to get a feel for just how good these machines are.

The machine will need to do slashing, fencing, some ploughing and general stuff that crops up. It is a block with some hills that require the 4W drive feature.

If this seems like a stupid post I apologise but I figure that you guys are best placed as users to give me an idea of the value of these tractors.

Thanks for reading and for those who may take the time to reply.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Gripweed, Welcome to the forum. I was faced with the same choices plus the John Deere.I just got so much more with the money for the Kioti DK 40 I bought. The loader was better and stronger, power steering,nice suspension seat ,the push button 4wd and pto was better ,the service dept was good, it has remotes and the warranty was 2 yr everything 4 yr limited. I love it even though I use it mainly in the spring and so far have just less than 50 hrs after buying it- in the late winter early spring this year.My John Deere folks are real close and good folks but I just couldn't go with the comparable tractor because of the huge price difference. Here Kioti is giving a $4000 loader to the deal which is what got me in the Kioti family. You can read about my search for the right tractor for me anyway , in the tractor part of this forum I think mine is under the Kioti section . Good Luck , Bordercollie

Attachments

• DSCF2040.JPG
    DSCF2040.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 89

Erik

I doubt you'll be disappointed in the quality and features on the Daedong.
if you can get a test drive, do it - comfort of the seat and layout of the work platform is as important as $$ savings.

Goat

I dunno. I'd have to say go with the 'Bota. I know several people around who USED to own Kioti's - and NONE were satified with them. They are good "yuppie" tractors, but not so great for real farm work. My BIL still has his, but he's less and less impressed with it the more he uses it.

urednecku

I have no experience with Kioti, but still like my Kubota M7040. With a little over 400 hours on her, she's never complained about working.
I only have 2 'semi-serious' gripes, 1) the hi/lo range shifter is sometimes hard to shift, they tell me that comes from the gears not being beveled which makes them much stronger, and 2) the fuel fill is in a tight place in the rear, especially if you have a close attachment on (such as a herbicide tank). Mostly because I fuel up using fuel cans instead of a fuel tank with pump/hose.

Good luck, & keep us informed!

DK35vince

Kubota and Kioti both make some fine tractors.
Been very happy with my Kioti DK 35 for the past 10 years and 1500 hours.

Stormriderblue

Dear gripweed,

Please, allow yourself to do some research before you buy any tractor because there are many different kind of tractor that have the ability to do the job. Do print out the specifications on few different tractors and do look very carefully on the specifications. Sometime, tractors do have some strange ways of doing these kind of work and you may not realize the different. So, please pay close attention to what you do and try to avoid a costly mistake. I have done my research on JD, Kubota, MF, CASE, and NH ( New Holland). I didn't know that they had a Kioti brand and I look it up on the web. It's turn out to what I was looking for and I was going to purchase it new, but I didn't realize the cost was going to be that much. So, I was a little disappointed and had to find a different way. On the next day, I had to go work and did have some spare time to look up on KIJIJI wedsite and look under heavy equipment. As I scroll down a few pictures down and boom. There a picture of a Kioti tractor with front loader, a backhoe, a snowblower, a bowscraper and a trailer at the cost of $28,000.00. The tractor had a built in cab with a cab-heater, the front and back are quick de-attach, had work light on front under the roof of cab and the tractor was a CK20 HST. Which mean a 22 hp hydrostatic drive and we took a drive down to the owner to take a very good look at it. My dad and I had thought it over before we bought it and we did. The pre-owner had done some land work on his property and decide to sell it because he doesn't need it anymore. So, I do have some pictures of my tractor, and had some upgrade on it. I could not upload any picture cause of security code is missing and did sign up to be a member. Sorry. Stormriderblue

Last edited: