Hello from KY

Dougster,
I have been out on the Big RED Beast digging up stumps. Ed already beat me to telling why you are the token "old" member. You didn't want to be called a "jr" member.:yum::yum: I guess Ed got home as usual at 3 and got online.:poke:
hugs, Brandi

Yup home (if you can call a hotel room home) at three. I just have to tune in to keep the OLD guy in check!:yum:

Go ahead and rub it in Brandi. You can go out and dig up stumps. Up here the only way to dig anything up this time of year requires a little TNT.

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster, I have been out on the Big RED Beast digging up stumps. Ed already beat me to telling why you are the token "old" member. You didn't want to be called a "jr" member.:yum::yum:
You youngsters sure do seem to have consistent memories... even if not entirely as I remember the story! ;)
I guess Ed got home as usual at 3 and got online.:poke:
hugs, Brandi
I think it was about 2:30 today. :rolleyes: Heck, I hadn't even had my gruel for lunch yet! :D

Dougster :starbucks:

Bindian

Yup home (if you can call a hotel room home) at three. I just have to tune in to keep the OLD guy in check!:yum:

Go ahead and rub it in Brandi. You can go out and dig up stumps. Up here the only way to dig anything up this time of year requires a little TNT.
Ed,
:yum::yum::yum:Yep, sandy loam down to 5 feet.:cool: Clay after than. The only hard thing to dig is those 8 inch diameter roots.:moon3:
hugs, :letitsnow:Brandi

Bindian

Gonna take more'n ya'already got jesta handle ME:yum:

An once we git all the Cornbread Mafia online, you dang YANKEE 's got narry a chance:poke: :fight: :yum: :yum: :yum:
Farmwithjunk,
Or all the Texans on TBN's Projects forum. Remember, that Kentuckian named Boone that died at the Alamo. We will help you if you need us.:bash:;)
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Farmwithjunk,
Or all the Texans on TBN's Projects forum. Remember, that Kentuckian named Boone that died at the Alamo. We will help you if you need us.:bash:;)
hugs, Brandi
What!!!!!!! :eek: The Texans are joining with the dang Kentuckians??? :eek: What kind of silly nonsense is that!!! :pat:

And here the old Edster and I always thought of you as an honorary member of the New England Delegation!!! :eek:

mongoose

I grew up on a small beef cattle farm. When I was growing up I also worked for every neighbor we had on their farms. When I started college I began milking for a neighbor full-time; going to class (sometimes) in between milking & feeding.
I didn't want to say who I work for now because I'm trying to keep my replies unbiased. I'm afraid all my posts would sound like sales pitches.

Bindian

What!!!!!!! :eek: The Texans are joining with the dang Kentuckians??? :eek: What kind of silly nonsense is that!!! :pat:

And here the old Edster and I always thought of you as an honorary member of the New England Delegation!!! :eek:

Dougster.
Flattery will get you nowhere in this instance.:hangingclothes: Y'all can think those thoughts all y'all want, but I am a Southern girl, borne and bred.:applause: I tip my hat to the Yellow Rose.:tiphat:
hugs, Brandi

Bindian

I grew up on a small beef cattle farm. When I was growing up I also worked for every neighbor we had on their farms. When I started college I began milking for a neighbor full-time; going to class (sometimes) in between milking & feeding.
I didn't want to say who I work for now because I'm trying to keep my replies unbiased. I'm afraid all my posts would sound like sales pitches.
Mongoose,
Sounds like my Dad's life growing up on the farm.:cool: He ran a trap line before and after class. He got kicked out of school one day because he caught a skunk one morning and got sprayed before he shot it.:eek: Dad would plow for the neighbors for 50 cents a day. He carried two water jugs, one with burlap around it. Do you know why?:)
hugs, Brandi

jbrumberg

Burlap wrapped? Let me think about this- was it for the cooling effects of evaporation or identifying the disinfectant bottle :wink: (Brandi- Forgive me if you take offense, I do not intend to slight your dad :respect:. He taught you a thing or two :tiphat: .). Got to leave; need to do the snow dance thing again. Someone has to break the current NE weather patterns :rolleyes:. Jay :letitsnow:

Farmwithjunk,
hugs, Brandi

Uh...As much as it pains me to do so, I must correct a bit of misleading information here. It wasn't Daniel Boone that died at the Alamo. He wasn't even there so far as the history books I've read indicate. You MIGHT be confusing Boone with Jim Bowie, who was BORN in Kentucky, or Tennessian DAVY CROCKETT.:sorry:

Daniel Boone died in 1820, in Missouri, at the home of his son Nathan. Boone was 85. (A VERY long life for a man of those times. DOUGSTER, take note; Not only are we KENTUCKIANS tougher'n a $2 steak, we also go on and on like the Energizer Bunny. Don't be a'messin' with us!)

So...? Does this mean Kentucky just lost the support of the Texas contingent?:hide:

Last edited:

jbrumberg

Farmwithjunk:

I could have been talking with you last night rather than doing the snow dance/weathermap thing. I believe that my dance has broken the NE spell starting after the "anomolous warm" event early next week. Gotta let Ol' Dougster out of his cage, have more of his :starbucks: and eat something more than gruel :puke1: . Jay :letitsnow:

I am so bored with the NE weather pattern that I went out and box bladed my icepack/field of a driveway yesterday for "meaningful" activity after the rain event. It did drop 0.5" of snow as the system moved on out.