Just in case you need something to do!

Archdean

Just in case you need something to do!
Google Earth streams the world over wired and wireless networks enabling users to virtually go anywhere on the planet and see places in photographic detail. This is not like any map you have ever seen. This is a 3D model of the real world, based on real satellite images combined with maps, guides to restaurants, hotels, entertainment, businesses and more. You can zoom from space to street level instantly and then pan or jump from place to place, city to city, even country to country.

Get Google Earth. Put the world in perspective.

(http://earth.google.com)

Attachments

• GoogleEarth_Image.jpg
    GoogleEarth_Image.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 612

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Dean. I enjoy google earth. Lots of things to look at :cool:

I was surprised by the thread topic you listed. When I saw it I thought you were going to suggest all of us come over and weed your flower beds. :hide:

quincy

Thanks Dean. I enjoy google earth. Lots of things to look at :cool:

I was surprised by the thread topic you listed. When I saw it I thought you were going to suggest all of us come over and weed your flower beds. :hide:

:yum:

Yeah, I always use google earth if I'm going on vacation or business trips, I'll scan 50 miles radius of where I'm staying to see what looks good. Beaches, restaurants, museums, shopping malls. Even if you have a store in mind... more than likely, its listed in Google earth.
Last time I was over in MD, I was staying in an area called Laurel. Used google earth to find just about every store I could think of within 50 miles of the hotel even before I left the hotel room. Coupled with a Garmin nuvi... I couldnt go wrong. Google earth is a really powerful tool.

The resolution in your neck of the woods isnt that sharp Archdean. Pity, in other areas you can zoom in close enough to see someone standing in a garden.
Have you found easter island, seen the monolith heads? You can go anywhere... top of Everest.... go find it and have a look... even my house, you can see the pile of shite I have stacked behind the shed... You could spend days/weeks just touring the world... I did the full coast of australia one time at close resolution, (somewhere at around 30,000 ft).... took a couple of hours! some nice looking areas along the coast...
Make sure you have "terrain layer" switched on. It makes 'flying' over the terrain very realistic.

Go find "Darrynane beach" in Ireland. My favourite beach in the world...., coast of Kerry, Southern Ireland.... See if you can find the concrete house that is built like an old ship... I stayed there one time. My one lasting memory of that house is watching the Fonz in an episode of "Happy Days" in their living room... Oh and an old ships steering wheel and brass binnacle in the "wheel house". good memories

Last edited: