My patch o' dirt

mobilus

The "old member" kind of reminds me of my mother-in-law (67ish)describing her husband (88 years old) and their sex life. She said it is a sorry sight, like an old soldier sitting on a pair of duffel bags, just waiting for the next train. He says he never thought of it as a member, always been kind of a loner.:yum: :yum:

Dougster

Old Member
The "old member" kind of reminds me of my mother-in-law (67ish) describing her husband (88 years old) and their sex life. She said it is a sorry sight, like an old soldier sitting on a pair of duffel bags, just waiting for the next train. He says he never thought of it as a member, always been kind of a loner.:yum: :yum:
Okay for you Mark!!! :rolleyes: Just remember that rule that I've had to repeat here an awful lot lately:

No fair goofing on NTT's one and only official OLD MEMBER!!! :)

Dougster :starbucks:

irwin

The "old member" kind of reminds me of my mother-in-law (67ish)describing her husband (88 years old) and their sex life. She said it is a sorry sight, like an old soldier sitting on a pair of duffel bags, just waiting for the next train. He says he never thought of it as a member, always been kind of a loner.:yum: :yum:

Okay for you Mark!!! :rolleyes: Just remember that rule that I've had to repeat here an awful lot lately:

No fair goofing on NTT's one and only official OLD MEMBER!!! :)

Oh great...now I have an image of Dougster sitting on two duffel bags waiting for the next train...wonder if I've got any pain pills left, I need a mental enema...:shitHitsFan: Help!! Someone post something ASAP.

Dougster

Old Member
Oh great...now I have an image of Dougster sitting on two duffel bags waiting for the next train...wonder if I've got any pain pills left, I need a mental enema...:shitHitsFan: Help!! Someone post something ASAP.
Now don't nobody go blamin' me!!! :eek: Mark started this mess!!! :(

irwin

Now don't nobody go blamin' me!!! :eek: Mark started this mess!!! :(

I agree Doug, my damaged psych was caused by Mark, but it's okay I'm tough...:boxing: It was close but I won't even need to visit Jay to get over it.:bangin: and I only took one pain pill....aaahhhh

Dougster

Old Member
I agree Doug, my damaged psych was caused by Mark, but it's okay I'm tough...:boxing: It was close but I won't even need to visit Jay to get over it.:bangin: and I only took one pain pill....aaahhhh
Jay is gonna end up with all of us in mass group treatment sessions unless Mark straightens out his act! ;)

Fortunately, Jay's treatment usually includes LOTS of Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee! :mrgreen:

mobilus

Okay, Doug...I'll redirect. Let me tell you about someone that moved in about a halfmile from my place a few years back. It's gonna sound like I'm making this one up, but I swear it's true.

Anyway, the land was cleared and some general contractor had his guys start framing this building. Typical A-frame, onlywith two large openings. Wow, that's a nice garage. Some time passes, and a nice double-wide is set up.

Then we see the owner, a truck driver, and from far off you'd think it was some Amazonian woman or something. Next comes the bright red Corvette, that year's model. Who is this person?

We were in town, buying a new kitchen appliance or something, and the salesman (who happened to be the brother of our realtor we used when we bought our place), recognized the address and asked if we'd met our new neighbor. We said "No". He told us that his son was one of the carpenters on the job, and when this "woman" walked up, it was clear that "she" used to be a "he". The son asked, "So what do you have down there?" "I'm all woman", was the response. Well that was to say he wasn't the "he" that he was born with...if ya know what I mean. Anyway, one side of the garage was for the car, and the other side had a bar...black and white checkered flooring throughout.

Anyway, this was the joke of the area for some time. Then one day, and I swear this is true, I drove by and sitting in the yard was the semi truck and trailer, and the Corvette with a trailer hitch, attached to a 16" utility trailer loaded down with furniture. If I'd only had a camera!

Who would believe that a 53 year old transexual redneck truck driver would be using his/her Corvette to tow a trailer load of furniture from the trailer house that had just been reposessed?

This is a strange, strange world.

irwin

Who would believe that a 53 year old transexual redneck truck driver would be using his/her Corvette to tow a trailer load of furniture from the trailer house that had just been reposessed?

This is a strange, strange world.

Okay...okay I just took another pill, happy now? :poke:

Dougster

Old Member
the corvette with trailer were probably heading towards cape cod area. maybe even provincetown
Now just remember who else owns a Corvette Larry... even if currently unregistered, uninsured, uninspected, undrivable and gas sucked dry for the benefit of other family vehicles. :(

And some of those people with mere mini-cars... prior to buying their gas-guzzling pick-up truck(s)... have thought long and hard about using their Vette to tow something when the need had come up. :eek:

It may not be pretty, but those funny-fast-fiberglass things will haul a modest trailer if and when absolutely necessary. :rolleyes:

Now just remember who else owns a Corvette Larry... even if currently unregistered, uninsured, uninspected, undrivable and gas sucked dry for the benefit of other family vehicles. :(

And some of those people with mere mini-cars... prior to buying their gas-guzzling pick-up truck(s)... have thought long and hard about using their Vette to tow something when the need had come up. :eek:

It may not be pretty, but those funny-fast-fiberglass things will haul a modest trailer if and when absolutely necessary. :rolleyes:

Please don't tell us that there is a trailer hitch on that thing Doug:yum: :yum: :poke: :yankchain:

Dougster

Old Member
Please don't tell us that there is a trailer hitch on that thing Doug:yum: :yum: :poke: :yankchain:
No... but I came awfully close a couple of times. When you own only two cars... one with 350 HP and one with 35 HP... and need to tow something, guess which one you are forced to look at first? :eek:

mobilus

Dougster, why is it that even when I try to redirect the humor in a direction intended to be AWAY from you, it still comes back to you? :sorry:
It's kind of like an episode of "LOST" or something:hide: . Or...maybe there's just a little too much truth in LarryRB's comment. larryRBthe corvette with trailer were probably heading towards cape cod area. maybe even provincetown

Just how long has that trailer hitch been on your Corvette?:poke:

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster, why is it that even when I try to redirect the humor in a direction intended to be AWAY from you, it still comes back to you? :sorry:
I don't know... but it has obviously got to change! :eek: My inferiority & persecution complexes are getting worse by the hour. :(
Just how long has that trailer hitch been on your Corvette?:poke:
Came close a couple of times... but rented a truck with a hitch instead. Now the Vette is just taking up valuable space in the garage while all towing tasks are handled by the 2500HD pickup... a MUCHO better way to go. :eek:

I don't know... but it has obviously got to change! :eek: My inferiority complex is getting worse by the hour. :(

Came close a couple of times... but rented a truck with a hitch instead. NOw the Vette is just taking up valuable space in the garage while all towing tasks are handled by the 2500HD pickup... a MUCHO better way to go. :eek:

I think this one has flown completely over the Dougster's head. :hide:

mobilus

It'll be okay, Doug.
Just take a nap, wake up, have another:starbucks: and everything will be bright and new again. :cool: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy...