Found a DEALER

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
In another thread, I discuss some problems associated with a cover on the back of the HST. A poor casting allowed a crack to further open due to the tremendous pressure that is developed as the swash plate does it's thing with momentum and vibration developed just millimeters away. In a new casting that I obtained to replace the cracked one are several hairline cracks around future faults to develop...……….…..

In addition, one has to realize, when confronted with tasks, labor, and materials that there are some jobs that are a bit above this person's abilities and desire to try to take on another "learning opportunity".!!

So, first thing on Monday morning, got on the phone after putting "Kubota Dealer" into the search engine I use. Of course, up popped umpteen hundred chances for spending forever in the chance to call, hold, explain the problem, and:

What's an HST????
"We just replace the whole transmission. We dont have the time to figure out what parts are missing or messed up"...…..$3500
"Sure, we can handle that! It will only be a couple of weeks for us to take a look at it" $1200.....

ON AN ON

Finally...…..A real mechanic who knew the exact problem, advised about keeping the bolts in order, shared how hard to get a certain bearing out of the old case can be and best of all,......maybe....$250 for re-assembly, a new bearing, and fluids...………

Don't know about YOU; but after all this time of loosing an old line dealer, "I could care about your problem" attitude, idiots that cant work a light switch that orders parts that will get there 2 weeks from now, and most often, to far away to be of use...……..

I am truly blessed...…..onto the trailer, drive 38 miles, and deliver the machine. Out come 3 fellas to take off my chains and straps, smiling in the heat comes the owner of the place, and relates how glad he is to see me. Yes, they have a yard full of machines to work on; but be assured that they will have my repair finished as soon as parts come in next week...…..FANTASTIC...….

hmmmmm ZERO INTEREST ON A NEW "L" WITH 80 MONTHS TO PAY IT OFF...…This old Boy has found a place to spread smiles and good will...…...God blesses in wonderful ways....Dennis

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
yep,these machines are not a lawn mower throw away transmission. they do have their shortcomings but are robust anyway and need a dealer with a shop and parts department to support them. very glad to hear that you found one.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That is so uplifting Dennis !!! It's wonderful to find such a rare gem in a dealer. Sounds like a real 5 star winner !! You are indeed blessed by Him :) collie

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Dennis, I’m glad you found a good dealer with a real service department instead of a bunch of parts changers!

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
As a follow up....The parts came in after a very short bit. As an aside, my old dealer over in Rome, puts in a parts order once a week instead of like this new one, DAILY.... iN ROME If you want it sooner than a week from Thursday, you pay for it.
Anyway, a very fair repair bill, the machine was WASHED, and they helped me load it and chain it down. The owner remembered me, came over to say hey, and made small talk about the newer models. No offense was taken when I said that I wasn't gonna do it today; but to make sure I came back. KUBOTA OF CHATTANOOGA......GOOD FOLKS

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
a dealer and employees that appreciates your business and is thankful to be able to serve their customers. as compared to a dealer who expects your business and loyalty. the same same can go for the Mfg. sometimes. i believe it may be wrapped up in "customer service".

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That's great Dennis !! You're back to rolling .:drive2: Did they order another casting or did they think the one you received with the possible trouble spots would be ok? collie

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Seems that they are all that way....minute cooling cracks around bosses inside the casting...must be sloppy with their cooling of the molds…….Anyway, have a 2 year warranty on their work and the parts themselves.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
hmmmmm ZERO INTEREST ON A NEW "L" WITH 80 MONTHS TO PAY IT OFF...…This old Boy has found a place to spread smiles and good will...…...God blesses in wonderful ways....Dennis

I posted the above a couple of weeks ago. Like a half way decent business person and used car shopper, I felt it was just good sense to at least check out: whether I NEED a new tractor, what are the NEEDS that a different tractor will perform, what is available in the various styles and manufacturers, and finally which dealer gives the best "deal"???

Mahindra, John Deere, Kubota, Case, Kioti………..All have units/machines that will perform readily as "tractors" I have a B7610 with 2899 hours on it. NOTHING is wrong with this machine other than needing tires and I just put new FEL cylinders on it......What it doesn't DO is Lift a round bale more than a foot off the ground, wont pick up a 24" oak log while I move it or cut it up into rounds, break out bucket loads of gravel when the bucket is plunged in directly, and on and on.....You get the picture....It just isn't strong enough.

I obviously found me a Kubota dealer close by and with reputable ethics that I find that I would gladly part with my money to keep him in business. …...OK...this is getting long...

So, I checked out deals, listed what I want the tractor to do. But it just kept hitting me that here I am, everything is paid for, no bills, and I pay cash for everything......Do I really want to saddle myself with a huge debt to pay off in the next year or so......Free interest, a below "normal" price from all competitors with the same product functionality, and best of all, MY FAVORITE COLOR:

Attachments

• tractor .jpg
    tractor .jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 88
  • good tractor.jpg
    good tractor.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 83

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations Dennis !!! That looks really nice !!!! I hope you enjoy using it and breaking it in- It will save a lot of time since the other one didn't do what needed to be done. :thewave: collie

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
:confused2::confused2:Did I just read about a Kubota Dealer that was so good... so someone bought a JD instead? :confused2:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very nice Dennis. Congrats.
I wanted JD when I started tractor shopping. JD tractors were a hot commodity at the time so they were thousands more than the Kubota equivalent. I bought Kubota and have been very happy with my choice. Had the price been close to equal I would have green in my pole barn. Dealers do learn price does matter.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
:confused2::confused2:Did I just read about a Kubota Dealer that was so good... so someone bought a JD instead? :confused2:

Yes, Mr. Geohorn, you are exactly right. Found a Kubota dealer that is just as fantastic as I described......In the process of getting the RTV repaired I got to know the owner who discussed with me the attributes of an "L" tractor and the deal he could make me. I went home to sleep on it.
That afternoon, I talked with my neighbor and good friend. He buys a new John Deere tractor and gator every year so he is on pretty good terms with his dealer down in Cartersville. He talked about his dealer with nothing but glowing terms and I have seen him get repairs done the moment that he has a breakdown while haying or working with his Beef Masters. So I know that he wont settle for just ANYTHING...…..

So, Yes, I found a Kubota dealer that is FANTASTIC to take care of my Kubota needs. In addition, I found, by the Grace of God, the tractor that I truly need from a dealer that will take care of me...……...LIFE IS GREAT...……..Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I sure like it Dennis . :) John Deere does have a good machine and the Firestone tires are tops that come on the tractors we bought. The only thing we had to do was scold them for using rubber valve stems on the rear tires. We cut one right off with a limb. A service call is at least $200 for the tire store to come out and repair a big tire. Now we insist on metal valve stems to come on the rear tires. Not a bad idea on the front too but alas, we have rubber - because they are tubed from the factory.
Anyways I see that it is a much bigger tractor so you will have chores finished faster and more time left for being with those grandbabies. :) Yes !! God is Awesome !! collie

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
That afternoon, I talked with my neighbor and good friend. He buys a new John Deere tractor and gator every year so he is on pretty good terms with his dealer down in Cartersville. He talked about his dealer with nothing but glowing terms and I have seen him get repairs done the moment that he has a breakdown while haying or working with his Beef Masters. So I know that he wont settle for just ANYTHING...…..

So, Yes, I found a Kubota dealer that is FANTASTIC to take care of my Kubota needs. In addition, I found, by the Grace of God, the tractor that I truly need from a dealer that will take care of me...……...LIFE IS GREAT...……..Dennis

If I bought a new ANYTHING every year from the same Dealer ...he’d BETTER take care of me Fast! I just wonder why his “new every year something-JD” breaks down so often that story makes news!
I wasn’t trying to criticize your decision...I just didn’t see why a great Dealer of one brand... would drive someone to a Different Dealer. I didn’t see that logic. Your follow-up explains your logic, however.

God is Time.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
buying new every year has great advantages for both the buyer and the selling dealer. some tax advantages if you need them and always having equipment under warranty can cut your expense greatly especially if you are in a high production market ,or if leased with some premium deals you don't have to keep a particular machine all year and can exchange as needed. for some these things can cut costs drastically. and at the same time it creates a supply of low hour used for folks. figure owning and operating costs along with depreciation taxes repair etc. different strokes for different folks.