Rtv 900 slow travel

Cfitz

My 2010 rtv 900 will only go 10–12 mph on flat ground. Charge pressure is over 100 psi, high pressure is at about 3700 psi, brakes are not suck all tires will roll free when jacked up, servo lever is moving all the way, it takes off strong at first but the engine revs and you do not continue to gain speed, will do 30 mph on jack stands.
Does anyone have anything else I can try?

Cfitz

1300hrs I pulled the rear of the hst unit off and the brass all seemed to be in good shape I can’t really feel anything with my finger nail

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
could you see radial lines in the plates? could you see spots that looked like tarnish? also i don't think you can see the part that seals against the pump without disassembly. i have seen a 900 that had the pin on the servopiston worn almost in half and that wouldn't allow the swash plate to be fully engaged.

Cfitz

I don’t recall any radial lines or tarnish. I had the assist pump off and the block that seals against the main pump and drive pump. The linkage going from the servo to the servo piston has a small amount of slop in it. Could that make that big of a difference?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I don’t recall any radial lines or tarnish. I had the assist pump off and the block that seals against the main pump and drive pump. The linkage going from the servo to the servo piston has a small amount of slop in it. Could that make that big of a difference?

possibly. review the thread i link in the above post. it is long but has very good step by step photos. the main problem turned out to be slop in the servo piston control button and swash plate. any slop will result in less travel of the swash resulting in slow speed. not sure that is your problem but worth a look.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
just rambling a little. most people think that messing with the servo adjustment screw will make these go faster. the only thing that screw does is center the servo piston travel. also to much pressure on the HPRV will cause the swash plate pin and button to wear prematurely from all of the extra force on the components.

Cfitz

The swash pin and bock are very tight and have no visible wear. I will pist pictures of the plates soon.

Cfitz

40a46583be9bddcda73a28fe7724f03d.jpg
124f475275d8f74ac80cde5c50a136ca.jpg
b22b8505f7efd00a709ff854afbfcada.jpg
38a4a4959f4d6350b4ac5fc5410143d7.jpg
8efd211de05436970c7051f0898863ac.jpg
fe973b8d439ca0011625b353d6b04f0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
are you going to put new plates in it while you are there? have you seen where the servo actuates the swash?

Cfitz

Yes I took the servo piston out and checked the pin and block on it they are perfect. I will put plates in it if you think they look worn. They are defiantly not warped and I still don’t feel anything with my fingernail.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
well dog gonnit. it would be nice to be able to find an absolute failure. after all the trouble to get to where you are i think i would replace the plates,they aren't that expensive are they?

Cfitz

I haven’t priced them yet I was really hoping to find something that looked broken.

Lee1935

I hate to assume but you did check the simple things?
There's a recent post on this forum about collapsed hydraulic oil intake hoses ☺

Cfitz

Wouldn’t that affect my charge pressure? Are they to two grey ones on the back?