X1120d Won't Start - Troubleshooting Suggestions?

Meyerske

My X1120D suddenly has decided that it doesn't want to start. Turn the key and nothing happens except a relay click. Here's what I've done to troubleshoot so far.

-Had battery checked at the dealer.
-Replaced (and eventually bypassed) the neutral safety switch.
-swapped the relays around.
-inspected the battery terminals and the ground wire connection.
-checked the slow blow fuses

Not sure what else to do besides pull the starter and have it checked. I'm thinking the key switch is OK since I hear the relay click?

Other suggestions?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
On my 06 RTV 900 I had to wiggle / move the shifter to the right side of the neutral switch area before it would connect and turn over. Until I did that all I'd get is a click. No clue if your 1120 could have the same issue but I hope this helps.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'd check the ground connection again where it attaches to the frame and then clean the terminals till bright and the clamps too. Then look at the starter and where the wires hook to it. maybe carefully tap on the starter . Some folks have used a screwdriver to see if it will start by shorting across the starter.. Maybe rock it abit and see if there is any difference?
On my Kioti tractor I thought it was my starter that acted like you are saying but it ended up being my key switch. I used some spray silicone in the opening and it now works as it should . bordercollie

edit to mention : does this model have any of the fancy safety switches besides the neutral safety switch?

foxalaska

As Border Collie posted. Jump the starter first. If it works, you have proven the battery and starter are good.