Grill Guard for TT45a

fishrman

My dealer doesn't seem to have to many options or recommendations. I have a friend that is handy with a welder. Would appreciate any ideas or photos you may have of yours so I can pass it on to him. I hate to ask him to make me one but that may be my best choice. I still haven't even started the new TT45a as I haven't got my fingers on it yet. Took my dealer allot longer to get it than what I thought it would. I bought it at the end of December and he just called last week to see about delivery. :pat:

jwstewar

Staff member
At least it is finally coming. Congrats on it. We demand to see pictures when you get it though.

As far as the grill guard goes, I don't really have any suggestions other than I have the factory on my little TC24. For the most part it seems to work well. As saved my butt several times. Only thing is, it is still pretty open for a tree branch or something that you are lifting with the loader to swing back into the grill. So far, it has caught everything though and I'm at 7 years with it.

fishrman

That does look like it would do the trick! I like it!
I liked the looks of this one I found on the net as well!
57666d1152623247-need-grill-guard-dscn1958.jpg

fishrman

My new grill guard

Thought you might like to see some images of my new TT45A with my new grill. :biggrin:
IMG_2124.jpg

----
IMG_2123.jpg

--
IMG_2122.jpg

---
IMG_2121.jpg

--
Made a little place to put my log chain.
IMG_2120.jpg

--
Plastic end caps I found at Lowes. Perfect fit in a 1 inch tube.
IMG_2126.jpg

urednecku

NICE!! That would have probably saved me a couple hundred....I've not gotten it fixed yet, but plan to in the next week or so before I start using my claw again.

Attachments

• P_00366.jpg
    P_00366.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 35
IMG_2122.jpg

I like that guard you have, I need something like that with the expanded metal on mine. I just have the vertical flat plates they put on with the front FEL. I'm afraid mine may end up looking like urednecku's. :pat: