M4700 3 Point position control

bcrockar

My dad has a M4700 ( built 1995 -1997 ) with only 250 hrs. This machine has gone up to 2 years with out use at times. After one of these extended down times the position control has become "very stiff" to operate. The three point hitch seems to operate fine when lifting bush hog. I also notice that the 3 pt does not lift as high as before, The position control springs back from full up position due to flex in long control lever. This model also has the Draft control lever beside the position control. The Draft lever still moves very easily. Hydraulic PTO engages normally I have verified there is no binding in the control lever outside the transmission case. Transmission fluid is full and power steering works well ( no other hydraulics ).

Has anyone dealt with this problem before?

Tennslim

The position control probably has become "Stiff" due to grease/oil/dirt contamination.
The control is partial mechanical, with joint connections.
I had the same problem with the PTO Engage control. A long set of mechanical connections.
WD 40, soak, re apply and work the lever alot.
bt
The 3 point turn buckle adjustment probable needs re grease as well.
Semper FI

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Spray can of Fluid Film will keep it working. WD good for freeing things up but doesn't last long like Fluid Film will.

Tennslim

Kubota tractor stiffness

Storage of Kubota tractors sometimes means the HST Hydraulic fluid is contaminated.
The HST LM2800 Filters also need changing at 50 hours and 200 hours.
BE CAREFUL of fluid. The stuff is greasy and runs everywhere.

I use Kubota UDT and thier filters. I use normal grease for all joints. The 3 pt hitch needs grease each and every use.

Travel of the lifters is measurable. Should be checked at each use. The PTO and connections to the PTO Transmission of the attached implement need a check for loose bolts, grease points and such.

Storage of my LM2800 is done by the book. Overall, a great set of machinery.
end
Semper FI