Kubota RTV 900 - foot got stuck tween brake and accelorator pedals

Starliner

What a nightmare. I was on an aqueduct in reverse. My foot jammed under the brake pedal, never knew why that thing is there anyway. So the Kubots goes backwards, down the bank of the reservoir and into the drink! There should be a stop on that break pedal to keep it from being adjusted so far away from the accelerator. Really, that was the first time I ever used that pedal. Anyway, do you know how I can avoid this in the future without sawzalling that pedal down? I dont want to go swimming again. I will post a picture if I can figure out how. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20150507_003754_resized.jpg
    20150507_003754_resized.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 20150507_003745_resized_1.jpg
    20150507_003745_resized_1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 62

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum. Wish it was under better circumstances. :(

I've never had a problem with the brake pedal but I "think" (it's done instinctively) I use 2 feet when I believe I may be using it. Hover my left foot over the brake while using my right foot for the go-pedal.

Kanook

While hauling 'stuff' around yesterday with my RTV I thought about this thread so while idling I stuck my foot under the brake pedal just to see try to simulate the experience that STARLINER had. Not sure how you ended up with your foot under the pedal but I can see how in a panic situation if ones foot is beneath the brake pedal, things could go from bad to ugly in a hurry...In my case being on flat ground with the hand brake engaged and the engine not running nothing of course happened but can imagine what it would be like rolling backwards into a deep body of water under the same conditions..

Still can't really see how your foot ended up under the pedal in the first place but can certainly synpathize with the consequence.