old cab vs ultra cab

gabe

:pat:I've been told that Kubota came out with a ultracab to get rid of the problems they were having with the cooling/heating problem. Do you know what the problem was with the original cab air; because I'm looking at purchasing one with this older cab, but don't want ac problems

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Gabe,
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. I have not been lucky enough to have a cab on my 02 Kubota so I'm not any help on this. I got your message and was going to ask for you but see that you posted it here already.
Heck I had not even heard of the Ultra Cab.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Heck I had not even heard of the Ultra Cab.

Nor me. I don't even know what kind of cab I have on my 2007 L4740. All I know is that I love it. I do know that it can overheat but that is due to the screens, radiator and condenser becoming clogged up with chaff when mowing in hot, dry, dusty conditions. If you wash them off at the end of the day, every day, the temperature gauge never goes above half way. It'll handle the Texas heat without a problem. It's so nice to be mowing when it's 95 degrees outside and have to turn the a/c down because you're getting chilled. It makes an eight hour work day during the summer almost a pleasure instead of an exercise in endurance.